AMD64->XP Pro=problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD64->XP Pro=problem

I have an AMD64 3800+ under SO Windows Pro (32bits). I can't install daemon tolls 4, because it's tell me= "Thhis Plattaform is not supported". But the version 4 for 32 bits not even another tool of daemon tools me works in my computer. HELP ME!!!

You MUST use normal 32 bit version on your system.
    What do you mean by "does not work"? What happens exactly?
    And DON'T double/cross post!
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

ooooh no i was planing to get a 64bit processor now you makes me back off from the idea
      Yossef A. Ben Mikhail
      MCSA MCDST

any mevin ivrit.

Comment

I have an amd 64bit processor, and i have been running daemon tools 4 without any problems. My operating system is window xp home edition, i don't think the 64bit processor or daemon tools is the problem, it could be the operating system he is using or something else, some kind of conflict.

Comment

Why would that make you decide not to get it? Number one, he was installing the wrong version of DT. Number two, there are many others using 64-bit processors (some with x64 Windows like me, some not) that have no problems with Daemon Tools 4. Besides, pretty soon you won't have a choice but to buy a 64-bit capable CPU. At the OEM I work for, all of the processors we sell now support x64 (except maybe the Celeron's, not sure about those).

Comment

You forgot the Centrinos (Pentium M)... they also don't have 64Bit-Support yet...

Comment

Oh, I just meant the CPU's we sold. Since we don't deal with laptops, we don't sell the Pentium-M.

Comment

just a suggestion but....

I still cant believe people are trying to install x64 DT4 on 32bit win xp, I kept saying okay a few people are confused, but a week later and still!!!!! Wow!!!!!! Not to be rude or anything, but maybe for those of you that cant figure that a x64 processor needs to have an x64 operating system in order to run DT4 x64, should maybe stay away from DT4 all together!!!!!!
                Last edited by accordtr; 04.12.2005, 01:22.

Comment

Originally Posted by accordtr
                  I still cant believe people are trying to install x64 DT4 on 32bit win xp, I kept saying okay a few people are confused, but a week later and still!!!!! Wow!!!!!! Not to be rude or anything, but maybe for those of you that cant figure that a x64 processor needs to have an x64 operating system, should maybe stay away from DT4 all together!!!!!!
                  Not quite correct.

I have a 64 bit venice AMD chip quite happily running my 32bit version of windows XP and running 32bit DT without a problem.

AMD 64 bit chips quite happily run, 32 bit code.

Hence, if you run 32 bit code on a 64 bit chip, run 32 bit DT.

Bugman

Comment

problem

i baught the intel 630 with emt 64 i installed windows xp x64 got all the 64 drivers every thing is running good
                    i installed daemon x64 and the crashes begin
                    i try to install anthing with the daemon tools and i just wait 2 minutes and the computer restarts
                    that stands for any image i tried everything
                    well i even thaught that i got a hadware or software problem but i tried to test my pc by all the possible means it never hang and it never restarts just using the daemon tools x64 makes do so
                    oh and by the way i open the task manager while running the daemon x64 and it puts *32 next to the daemon task doesnt that means that its running in 32bit mode?? i need heeelp or explanation
                    Last edited by yacbos; 03.12.2005, 07:59.
                    Yossef A. Ben Mikhail
                    MCSA MCDST

any mevin ivrit.

Comment

Originally Posted by yacbos
                      i baught the intel 630 with emt 64 i installed windows xp x64 got all the 64 drivers every thing is running good
                      i installed daemon x64 and the crashes begin
                      i try to install anthing with the daemon tools and i just wait 2 minutes and the computer restarts
                      that stands for any image i tried everything
                      well i even thaught that i got a hadware or software problem but i tried to test my pc by all the possible means it never hang and it never restarts just using the daemon tools x64 makes do so
                      oh and by the way i open the task manager while running the daemon x64 and it puts *32 next to the daemon task doesnt that means that its running in 32bit mode?? i need heeelp or explanation
                      DT x64 is a 32bit app, but it uses an x64 driver. This is the way most apps will be, until x64 is the standard. Works fine, though.

Comment

no i meant...

Yes i know you can run winXP 32bit on a 64 bit processor, what I meant is that you can't run DT4 x64 on winXP 32

Comment

so there is nothin to do for that restart
                          i really need that windows x64 and i dont know what to do cuz if i couldnt find a solution i will have to go back to my normal xp
                          :'(
                          Yossef A. Ben Mikhail
                          MCSA MCDST

any mevin ivrit.

Comment

Working...
                          X