View Full Version : starforce emulation

jcombs_31
29.11.2005, 22:25
Am I supposed to see an option for starforce? I only see:

safedisc
securom
laserlock
RMPS

I'm trying to run codename panzers phase two but with no luck and wasn't sure if I'm missing something here.

lance1962
30.11.2005, 02:17
Hi - you will have to do one of two things to get starforce games to run...

1. Disable your cd rom drive in device manager

if that does not work (didn't for me with King Kong)

2. Physically unplug your cd-rom drive from your mainboard
(Works for me with King Kong)

Lance

DarkStar251
30.11.2005, 05:55
from what I understand, RPMS (Recordable Media Physical Signature or something) is the option that SF is looking for.

Alot of CP systems use very similar methods these days, just different implimentations. To be honest I just leave all options on all the time :)

Valfore
30.11.2005, 10:38
could anyone here give a full guide in how to load starforce games with DT v4 thanks :)

Methadon
30.11.2005, 11:45
could anyone here give a full guide in how to load starforce games with DT v4 thanks :)
You load them in the same way to you load every other game, by mounting them. ;)
What exactly is it that you want a guide of?

Aceallways
30.11.2005, 14:51
actually Virtual Drive 10 claims to support Starforce 3...

JoelEllison
30.11.2005, 19:40

Look at their supported games list. Notice how Splinter Cell Chaos Theory isn't listed

hxxp://www.farstone.com/gamecenter/query.asp?qc=s1&st=41

So it can't do any recent starforce protected title

al1uk
30.11.2005, 20:11
the splinter cell games are under T, for Tom Clancy, but Chaos Theory isnt listed.

jcombs_31
30.11.2005, 22:50
I tried using starforce nightmare and disabling in device manager with all emulation options on, but still doesn't work. I have not tried to actually disconnect my cable.

JoelEllison
30.11.2005, 23:10
Try uninstalling in device manager rather than just disabling. I don't remember if you do it for the CD drive, the channel, or the controller.
You should probably make a registry backup and check which one to uninstall but if you search the forum you'll see people talking about it. When you reboot windows says 'new hardware detected' and everything goes back to normal.

pwinne
01.12.2005, 10:01

I have this little proggy, aint tried it yet as I'm still at work. Can anyone confirm it works with the latest version of starforce? (despite what their games list says)

gr8leo87
01.12.2005, 21:44
I have this little proggy, aint tried it yet as I'm still at work. Can anyone confirm it works with the latest version of starforce? (despite what their games list says)
claims much.. delivers nothing new..

ur .mdf,.iso or any image type is needed to be converted into a format that is supported by virtual drive pro.. (.VCD, .VD00)

if u have a game image that is of 4.19 GB( like BLIC 2005) its converted into .VD which will take forever.. and then still no guarantee if it wud work!! bull crapp i gues...

besides that its just a 15 day trial.. and no crack available yet for the latest version

AnalCobra
01.12.2005, 22:12
and no crack available yet for the latest version
No crack talk here, read the rules!!

gr8leo87
01.12.2005, 23:08
No crack talk here, read the rules!!
alrite.. will keep in mind.. didnt talk for a crack.. was just discussin an application but anyway

freeze_man
03.12.2005, 00:17
alrite.. will keep in mind.. didnt talk for a crack.. was just discussin an application but anyway

To run the latest starforce games you either a unplug your cdrom drive wich defeats the purpose as it is less trouble to just incert your original cd. or B make your hard drives and cdrom drives on seperate ide channels. then disable your cdrom in starforce nightmare by choseing disable cd, disable node, and disable whatever channel your cdrom drive is on.

ManMountain
03.12.2005, 02:07
You missed out the anomaly of running x64 with a nForce 3 based motherboard and using Daemon Tools 4x to emulate all copyprotections in their entirity.

Just to recap, I merely mount a StarForce 3x, SecuROM 7x or a SafeDisc 4x protected image and the games load without any additional utilities, unplugging or "fiddling" with anything.

freeze_man
03.12.2005, 02:37
You missed out the anomaly of running x64 with a nForce 3 based motherboard and using Daemon Tools 4x to emulate all copyprotections in their entirity.

Just to recap, I merely mount a StarForce 3x, SecuROM 7x or a SafeDisc 4x protected image and the games load without any additional utilities, unplugging or "fiddling" with anything.

How did you install the starforce drivers in windowx x64?

ManMountain
03.12.2005, 03:53
How did you install the starforce drivers in windowx x64?

StarForce x64 support is included with version 3.5 and up.

So by installing a modern StarForce protected game, which includes 64-bit driver support, for example Peter Jacksons King Kong, installs StarForce 3.6.10.6, which fully supports x64.

For those StarForce games that are protected with version's prior to 3.5, it's down to the publishers to update their software to support the newer 64-bit supporting StarForce drivers.

Take for example, Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory. It absolutely will not work in x64 until they (the publishers) update their game to support the new 64-bit copy-protection. I won't hold my breath for that to happen ..

gr8leo87
03.12.2005, 21:44
my cdrom and harddrive are on different IDE channels.. i disabled node disabled cd disablednode. but it still didnt work..
i think unpluggin is the last option

i was trying on brian lara cricket 2005