• Show
Clear All

• starforce emulation

Am I supposed to see an option for starforce? I only see:

safedisc
    securom
    laserlock
    RMPS

I'm trying to run codename panzers phase two but with no luck and wasn't sure if I'm missing something here.

Starforce

Hi - you will have to do one of two things to get starforce games to run...

1. Disable your cd rom drive in device manager

if that does not work (didn't for me with King Kong)

2. Physically unplug your cd-rom drive from your mainboard
    (Works for me with King Kong)

Lance
    Acronis Beta Tester

Comment

from what I understand, RPMS (Recordable Media Physical Signature or something) is the option that SF is looking for.

Alot of CP systems use very similar methods these days, just different implimentations. To be honest I just leave all options on all the time

Comment

could anyone here give a full guide in how to load starforce games with DT v4 thanks

Comment

Originally Posted by Valfore
          could anyone here give a full guide in how to load starforce games with DT v4 thanks
          You load them in the same way to you load every other game, by mounting them.
          What exactly is it that you want a guide of?

Comment

actually Virtual Drive 10 claims to support Starforce 3...

Comment

Originally Posted by Aceallways
              Look at their supported games list. Notice how Splinter Cell Chaos Theory isn't listed

hxxp://www.farstone.com/gamecenter/query.asp?qc=s1&st=41

So it can't do any recent starforce protected title

Comment

the splinter cell games are under T, for Tom Clancy, but Chaos Theory isnt listed.

Comment

I tried using starforce nightmare and disabling in device manager with all emulation options on, but still doesn't work. I have not tried to actually disconnect my cable.

Comment

Try uninstalling in device manager rather than just disabling. I don't remember if you do it for the CD drive, the channel, or the controller.
                    You should probably make a registry backup and check which one to uninstall but if you search the forum you'll see people talking about it. When you reboot windows says 'new hardware detected' and everything goes back to normal.

Comment

Originally Posted by Aceallways

I have this little proggy, aint tried it yet as I'm still at work. Can anyone confirm it works with the latest version of starforce? (despite what their games list says)

Comment

Originally Posted by pwinne
                        I have this little proggy, aint tried it yet as I'm still at work. Can anyone confirm it works with the latest version of starforce? (despite what their games list says)
                        claims much.. delivers nothing new..

ur .mdf,.iso or any image type is needed to be converted into a format that is supported by virtual drive pro.. (.VCD, .VD00)

if u have a game image that is of 4.19 GB( like BLIC 2005) its converted into .VD which will take forever.. and then still no guarantee if it wud work!! bull crapp i gues...

besides that its just a 15 day trial.. and no crack available yet for the latest version

Comment

Originally Posted by gr8leo87
                          and no crack available yet for the latest version
                          No crack talk here, read the rules!!
                          Heaven Can Wait -- My Band-Page

Comment

Originally Posted by AnalCobra
                            No crack talk here, read the rules!!
                            alrite.. will keep in mind.. didnt talk for a crack.. was just discussin an application but anyway

Comment

Originally Posted by gr8leo87
                              alrite.. will keep in mind.. didnt talk for a crack.. was just discussin an application but anyway
                              To run the latest starforce games you either a unplug your cdrom drive wich defeats the purpose as it is less trouble to just incert your original cd. or B make your hard drives and cdrom drives on seperate ide channels. then disable your cdrom in starforce nightmare by choseing disable cd, disable node, and disable whatever channel your cdrom drive is on.

Comment

Working...
                              X