Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Since TD 4.0 Installed all CD & DVD disappear from listing!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Since TD 4.0 Installed all CD & DVD disappear from listing!

I use to have installed for quiet long time the DT 3.47 as well as the Roxio 7.5 and Alcohol 120% v1.9.5.3105 and all stay and works fine!
    Since I uninstall the DT 3.47 (add/rem) and upgrade to DT 4.0 after first re-boot all my CD & DVD burners disapear from screen.

The Device Manager with yellow check to CD & DVD shows:
    " Windows cannot initialize the device driver for this hardware! "
    My next step to uninstall both the CD & DVD and in few minuts the "Hardware Wizard" find them listed with same yellow check at.
    Following the Help and advise put everythings in the same status.
    After severeal re-boots the CD & DVD gone from listing!

In the "Save Mode"Boot all reappear as expected but turn back into 'Normal Boot' the Burners doesn't shows!

Next I uninstall the Roxio 7.5 - reboot and no change.. so next I uninstall the "Alcohol" with hope that they both may cause some collission..
    Nothing change so I uninstall the DT 4.0 as well and nothing change till the five (5) times Re-boot!
    Then the CD & DVD shows finally!

After all.. having about 1.5GB DATA only (nothing protected) need to backup on CDR.. so I install the Roxio 7.5 back again and with out re-boot start the CDRs burn.. all going fine!

Next reboot and the CD & DVD again disappear from listing.. sound like the Dog & Cat playing game endless!

I need Your Help.. badly need Your Help!
    Best regards...

Check related thread in common problems and solutions forum - seems the Roxio drivers causing some trouble again.
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Originally Posted by Copytrooper
      Check related thread in common problems and solutions forum - seems the Roxio drivers causing some trouble again.
      Thanks for Your respond!

I follows your advise and the Microsoft Guide in regard workin in Registry.
      At first after the 'filters' delete and reboot.. the whole CD & DVD shows back..
      The next following problems start when attempt to burn.
      The roxio took the load & ready to burns.. but at the device to burn.. doesn't shows any existing installed drive.. and the "Burn" appear greyed.
      One way ot the other thing and sugestions doesn't work.
      Next step (reason for blame for roxio).. I uninstall the roxio and clean the registry from any remains.
      Install the 'Alcohol 120%' and start to burn.. and again 'bumps'.. there is no any existing drives (CD &DVD burners) to go ahead and start burn.. and was abort by alcohol.

Now at the current.. I'm here.. after Format my whole System and start again from scratch.. I finaly turn back into DT 3.47 + Roxio (next).. and the 'Alcohol 120%' as mention previously.
      Averythings lays quiet and works.. so my advice if such problems occur (some systems as my).. there is just waste of time trying to fix the impassible.

Glad to be back on own foot!

Best regards...

Comment

Working...
      X