I can't find my SCSI/RAID settings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can't find my SCSI/RAID settings

My Dtools program got messed up, so I have to uninstall it and try to reinstall, but when I do, I get an error message stating:

"Some driver has invalid name or conflicts with other file or service in system."

So I come to this site and read a guide on how to remove the stuff, http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/arch...hp/t-2138.html
    this one seems to be the one to help me.

But the first step,
    "1. Open device manager (SCSI/RAID Controllers section) and delete SCSI controller with name corresponding with name of Daemon driver (miniport driver name). If you have problems doing it (eg. system crashes) then start from step 3 (skip steps 1 and 2)."

I can't do, because when I open device manager, I do not see a SCSI/RAID controllers section. I see nothing of the sort there. I do not know what to do, can anyone help me please?

This is what my device manager looks like BTW

thanks for any help I can get

Have you tried going in to view-> show hidden devices.

Comment

I tried this, but it didn't do it. It made more items in the 'system device' section show up, but I didn't see any for SCSI/RAID.

What is the device called specifically, is it just titled "SCSI/RAID"?

Comment

That didn't seem to do the trick. I tried doing that, but all it seemed to do was expand my 'system device' section, but I still don't see anything that has to do with my SCSI/RAID controller.

Is it perhaps named something differnt, not just SCSI/RAID controller, or am I truly screwed?

Comment

what is under "other devices"?

Comment

Under other devices is 'Universal Serial Bus (USB) Controller"

this is the expanded section of System devices

Comment

Skip to step 2 of the instructions if you don't have a SCSI/Raid entry in the device manager

Comment

thanks alot, that worked for me. much appriciated

Comment

Working...
                X