Very slow performance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very slow performance

I am experiencing very slow performance when I mount Diablo-II LOD CD (v1.09) through Daemon Tools.

I have a P-III 800 MHz, 256 MB RAM, Savage4 graphics card with a 80 GB Barracuda on a dual-boot XP + ME system. The motherboard is Intel 815e chipset. I have two primary partitions (one NTFS and one FAT32) and three logical (NTFS). All the games are on the single WinME partition of 35 GB.

The original CD works fine when I mount it on the CD drive but not when I mount its image in Daemon tools. The game slows down and character movements are in annoying jerks.

I am unable to enable DMA for the disk drives as there is no manual setting to force DMA on this motherboard, it's automatic.

Is there any way for me to get the game to work properly?

Thanks in advance for any help.

regards,

Amit

This sure happens because you can't enable DMA. Maybe you can find something on the intel homepage, as you mortherboard uses an intel chipset. Maybe you can get a newer bios too?
    A mouse is a device used to point at the xterm you want to type in.

Comment

Thanks NeTsurFer, I'll try this.

regards,

Amit

Comment

Well guys,

I checked the Azza site (the board manufacturer) as well as the Intel site. I already have the newest BIOS and the drivers. I can't force the DMA on the motherboard. Is there any way to do it from WinME?

Any other ideas?

Thanks for the help,

regards,

Amit

Comment

Working...
        X