CD problem STILL NO CURE?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CD problem STILL NO CURE?

Hello. I have searched, and have found people with the same problem I have, but no resolution. I have Windows XP Professional Edition. My problem is that after I uninstalled Daemon tools 3.47 my CD drive was missing.

The question is, HOW DO I FIX IT?

Methods I have already tried:
    - Removed the Upper and Lower Registry Items as m$ reccomended.
    - Removed and put back CD Drive
    - Checked Device Manager
    - Checked BIOS

What will bring my CD Drive back?

What about the Script writers, they should know about this.

Thank You.

Common Problems and Solutions

Have you checked the Common Problems and Solutions forum for a post entitled "My real cdrom/dvdrom drives are missing"?
    the modern world:
    net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Originally Posted by Underheaven
      Have you checked the Common Problems and Solutions forum for a post entitled "My real cdrom/dvdrom drives are missing"?
      I have, and the problem with that is it is not even located in my device manager! I even did all the steps and still nothing. As I mentioned, not even in my device manager. Deleted those registry things, nothing!

Comment

Just for clarification. Your sure your drive is working properly from your checks in the bios etc? In other words, it shows up in your bios or on POSTing? Also, have you tried using a bootable CD/DVD in it? Make sure you have adjusted your bios settings so it is tried to boot from it before you HDD. If it does not show up on POSTing and/or you cannot boot from it, I would suspect some sort of physical (drive or connection), mobo or bios.

Comment

Working...
        X