Computer-wide DT4 hang issue!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Computer-wide DT4 hang issue!

Well first of all, i've tried everything.
    I spend 3 days wondering why my computer would start to hang all of a sudden, no bluescreen at all.
    For example if its in a game, first the sound stops, then a second later the mouse/controls stop, then a few seconds later the image stops.. REALLY odd..

Anyway, i discovered that it was due to DT4, it all started 3 days ago when my ISP changed my IP & connection speed (from 8mbit to 24mbit, still same ISP and same settings, dsl modem), also my previous keyboard was fucked up, so i bought a new USB one.
    Also i had purchased a USB Bluetooth dongle, so of course i tried uninstalling those drivers and removing that, still same issue.

So of course i first tought that was the issue, either some firewall problem, or some USB-keyboard problem, but nope, tried different keyboards, USB and non-usb. Same thing.
    Tried disconnecting the internet cable, same thing.

Also something odd, whenever i boot up my computer i never get DT4 to start up with it, however this is what "saved" me, since i noticed that everything works wonders as usual, until i encounter DT4 or the virtual drive in any way, hence opening the Explorer and spotting it there, then came another hang.

So, had to uninstall it, gonna try DT347 now, hope that still works, its really odd that it just started happening now all of a sudden, more and more often.

Any help is greatly appreciated. (this is with the normal 32bit version)

Specs: P4 3.6ghz, 2048mb 400mhz ram, 6800GT @ 81.94, Win XP Pro SP2.

I've seen this when a hard disk starts to go bad (ie. 3-4 months till failure). Look in your event log for mentions of device has a bad block. Or a bad block is on .....

And query the S.M.A.R.T. data your drive keeps.
    the modern world:
    net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Working...
    X