A whole bunch of problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A whole bunch of problems

I had to reinstall my Windows 98SE and that seemed to screw up my Daemon Tools somewhat. So I downloaded version 3.47 and tried to install that. The installer notified that I did not have Microsoft Installer on my system and directed me to get that first. So I did, and the installation proceeded. However, trying to run Daemon Tools now gets me two error messages on top of each other:
    "The MSI.DLL file is linked to missing export NTDLL.DLL:NtQueryInformationProcess."
    "C:\Program Files\D-Tools\daemon.exe
    A device attached to the system is not functioning."
    I have the files msi.dll, ntdll.dll and pfctoc.dll in my D-Tools folder.

Furthermore, trying to reinstall Daemon Tools the installer again complains that I do not have Microsoft Installer installed. Trying to install that now gets me "Error: The specified service already exists."

One final thing. Trying to uninstall Daemon Tools from the Add/Remove programs utility I am informed that the program does not in fact exist on my system and it asks if I'd like to remove the entry from the list.
    Last edited by Crowley; 02.12.2005, 12:04.

Have you rebooted between install attempts? As for completely removing DT 3.x, read the link below from the Common Problems And Solutions section of the forum.

Comment

hang on, since when did 98se contain ntdll.dll, more to the point why have you got them in the daemon tools folder, makes no sense
      my views are 100% personal views..

Comment

Working...
      X