.exe: Doesn't uninstall, doesn't open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• .exe: Doesn't uninstall, doesn't open

I installed Daemon Tools 4.00 and at first it worked fine. But after i restared all went to shit. I could not run the program I can not run the uninstaller. I am totally blocked. So I deleted D-tools manually. And installed D-tools 3.47. But when I install this it says: "Device setup error: Code 25057 (0x61E1), 2(0x2)." So i tried the boot.ini > noexecute=alwaysoff thing, but it didn't work.

What more can I do to make it work?

My system specs are:

Microsoft Windows XP, Home Edition 2002, SP2
    Intel Pentium Dual Core Processor @ 3.0HGZ
    1024MB DDR2 SDRAM met 533MHZ 64-bits Dual channel memory
    NVIDIA GeForce 6700XL 128 MB Videocard

Please help me

What exactly happend after reboot? Why were you unable to run the program and the un-installer?
    Did you follow all steps mentioned in thread about how to remove v4 (especially removal of sptd.sys and dtscsi.sys), and did you reboot before you tried to install v3.47?
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Originally Posted by Copytrooper
      What exactly happend after reboot? Why were you unable to run the program and the un-installer?
      Did you follow all steps mentioned in thread about how to remove v4 (especially removal of sptd.sys and dtscsi.sys), and did you reboot before you tried to install v3.47?
      After reboot i get a "Daemon.exe has encounterd an error and needs to be closed" error. I can't remove v4 because the uninstaller gives the same error (Daemon Tools setup has encounterd an error and needs to be closed). And I did not reboot before I installed v3.47. I tried to install v3.47 after v4 gave me nothing but errors.

Comment

You must reboot before re-installation - v4 is not compatible with earlier versions, thus error 25057 is caused.
        Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
        They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Originally Posted by Copytrooper
          You must reboot before re-installation - v4 is not compatible with earlier versions, thus error 25057 is caused.

Thanks a lot Copytrooper!!! I got v3.47 working now.

Comment

Working...
          X