x64 with DT4 reboots under heavy access

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• x64 with DT4 reboots under heavy access

I know there are already threads with *similar* issues, but since none of them looks exactly like mine, I'll post this one as new.

I'm using Windows XP x64, with the new 64bit DT4. Installation and all that went fine, and I was able to mount images.

But...

Problem: System reboots spontaneously (no BSOD, no minidump)

DT version: duh... only one so far for x64

Occurs when: DT4 virtual drive is under heavy access (such as copying whole directory, installation of programs/games from the virtual drive, etc...)

What worked: Initial DT4 installation, no problematic events in system logs, and reading small files sparingly works fine on the virtual cd. Infact, copy protection checking worked!

System spec: P5WD2 mobo, Pentium-D 2.8G, 6600GT, and *drumroll* Intel ICH7R RAID ... (yes my images were on RAID, could be related?)

Anyone else seeing same problem?

I met the same problem!

I installed the X64 version of DT4 on a Windows 2003 Enterprise X64 system. install anything with DT4 X64
    will let my system reboot .

The ISO files are stored on another computer in my LAN.

Hardware: P4 2.93 ,ASUS P5GPL,2G DDR 400,Maxtor 200G HDD

Comment

Yes me too, but only when using images on LAN. When I copy the image to my local drive first an mount it from there, DT did not crash so far.

Asus A8V deluxe, AMD 4200+ (dual core), WindowsXP x64

Comment

This happens to me also I am using images on a LAN

I believe the followign thread is related

Comment

Re: x64 with DT4 reboots under heavy access

This issue will be fixed in the next version of DAEMON Tools.
          the modern world:
          net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Same issue, images on local SATA drive, no RAID

The occasional reboot has plagued me too, even when I do not enforce any protection emulations. The problem is not reproducible, leading me to suspect that I should (for the most part) leave the system alone while daemon tools is busy.

Comment

Working...
            X