Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trackmania Sunrise (StarForce 3.6 and later) - USB CD/DVD

Hello all,

I have just bought Trackmania Sunrise and installed the eXtreme addon. I know this topic has been discussed here (i've read those threads) but im going to ask something different (correct me if wrong), since I didn't like the "unlock the pc case and unplug the IDE drives" solution (besides my little brother cant mess up with cables...).

In a game fix found from gameburn site, it says about Trackmania Sunrise 1.4.6 (eXtreme addon updates StarForce drivers):

TrackMania Sunrise v1.4.6 English backup cd.

STEP 1: Buy an IDE to USB adapter cable (ebay uk) and connect your internal CD/DVD rom to USB
    channel instead of IDE. Starforce is completely messed up by USB optical drives and
    consequently cannot report the disc is a backup!

STEP 2: Burn the image file with Alcohol 120% version 1.9.5 Build 2802 or higher, 4x Write
    speed, Write mode DAO/SAO, buffer underun enabled, Burn "RMPS" enabled, Datatype
    set to Starforce 1/2/3.

STEP 3: Make sure there are no connected IDE CD/DVD roms, if there are; just disconnect
    their power connector.

STEP 4: Insert disc into USB DVD/CD drive and Install game.

STEP 5: just Play the Game! update to Trackmania Sunrise 1.4.7 has extra tracks.

Note: Starforce may catch up in future releases!!!
    So, the question is simple; If i have USB (external) CD/DVD-Roms/RW will the game see no IDE drivers connected and so play the game (with an Alochol 120% image)?

Please, reply asap so that i could change my new NEC DVD-RW (IDE) with USB ones. I hope someone has USB CD/DVD drives here and fortunately i have only one IDE drive (apart from Hard disk ofourse) on the computer (the NEC one).

Regards,
    Athanasios

PS: The IDE-USB2 cable stated in the fix is not that smart solution, since these adaptors cost 30 euros. So, i'd better pay the difference for an external dvd-rw i will use rather than buy such an adaptor for a game.

i finally got my mds image 2 works but lots of trouble. i sntalled and updated 2 extreme then had 2 disable my seconddary ide and cd rom drive then turned off and completely removed ide ccable 2 from motherboard and cd drive and unplug cd drive power also had 2 change the bios on reboot. well not u mount the image with d4 start it and play
    but if i quit and the replay it during same login session the comp crashes and restarts keeps saying hard drive falire not sure if it was when i upgraded 2 extrem or not but never happen till then

Comment

Working...
    X