Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STOP Error: x64 + Safedisc

Hi,

I'm trying to emulate a self-made minidisc of Halo with Safedisc, and as soon as Halo starts its copy protection stuff, I get a Stop Error:

PAGED_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

0x00000050 (0xFFFFF8010105E480, 0x0000000000000008, 0xFFFFF8010105E480, 0x0000000000000005)

(That's one of the bad things about XP x64; there's twice as much to write down for a stop error )

Ah... we have been told to attach minidumps, but attachments are disabled? Hm...

Anyway, here it is on RapidShare: http://rapidshare.de/files/8516046/M...05-02.zip.html

Does it work in x64 with original? Try to disable SafeDisc emulation.
    Please send the game exe and your mini image (RAR-packed, NOT zip'ed) to support@daemon-tools.cc for analysis.
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

It bluescreens like this as long as D-Tools is installed, even if I unmount the image and insert the original Halo CD.

I believe this is because Safedisc scans for virtual CD-ROM drives and the D-Tools driver somehow makes it bluescreen when it does this.

Comment

Ok, let me try to summarize.

for Wareagle:

1) Using Halo (not Halo 2)
        2) Using a 64-bit OS (Which OS? XP or 2003)
        3) Happens if DAEMON Tools 4 is installed when using the original CD or when using the virtual drive.

for Akdor 1154:

1) Using Halo (not Halo 2)
        2) Using XP 64-bit Edition
        3) Wrote only about a problem with a mini-image.

Akdor 1154 please see if this error occurs with mini-images, full images, and with the original CD. Also try disabling the Safedisc emulation option.

If you can't run Halo you can uninstall DAEMON Tools (and system32\drivers\SPTD.sys) to get rid of the problem in the meantime.
        the modern world:
        net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Try v4.03 and report if it still crashes.
          Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
          They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Yeah, v4.03 fixed this problem.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
            X