Support for gdi files...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Support for gdi files...

please add support for NRG and gdi files (iso's)

Nrg is nero
    Gdi is Veritas_Record_Now_DX

Thanks

Nrg is supported, but you must have imagedrive installed. Alcohol 120 also supports nero, but doesn't require imagedrive to be installed.

Gdi is a proprietary image format, and more than likely won't be supported.

Comment

Originally Posted by Andareed
      Nrg is supported, but you must have imagedrive installed. Alcohol 120 also supports nero, but doesn't require imagedrive to be installed.

Gdi is a proprietary image format, and more than likely won't be supported.
      So....which one is better? Daemon Tools or Alcohol 120%? What are the differences?

Comment

Alcohol can make images and backup cds. Alcohol can support up to 31 virtual drives. Alcohol is not free

Comment

Alcohol can make images and backup cds. Alcohol can support up to 31 virtual drives. Alcohol is not free
          Hmm...errr...so.....which one's better?

So basically, Daemon-Tools

1) Can NOT make images and backup cds.
          2) Can support up to "4" virtual drives.
          3) "IS" free.
          4) Does "NOT" support as much image format as Alcohol.

Is that right?

Comment

Right. Except daemon tools supports nrg with imagedrive installed (while alcohol doesn't need it).

Comment

Right. Except daemon tools supports nrg with imagedrive installed (while alcohol doesn't need it).
              Hmm...so overall, Alcohol 120% is better....just that it's "not" free right?

Comment

No - it is simply different. You can only compare EQUAL functions.
                At least you can't compare Alcohol120% (a full copysolution) with a
                cdvd-rom-emulator! And it depends what you are looking for,
                nothing more, nothing less. And it's free, so you can't blame us
                about the price

The only difference (we talk about IMAGE EMULATION here!) is the nero-
                thing, but as you need Nero to create those images, you can simply install
                the image-drive and everything works flawlessly, I can't see a problem
                here.

But to add a constructive note to this thread:
                Soon Daemon Tools support .pdi Image format and we ask about
                permission for .gdi-Image format in the next few days

Comment

Originally Posted by LocutusofBorg
                  No - it is simply different. You can only compare EQUAL functions.
                  At least you can't compare Alcohol120% (a full copysolution) with a
                  cdvd-rom-emulator! And it depends what you are looking for,
                  nothing more, nothing less. And it's free, so you can't blame us
                  about the price

The only difference (we talk about IMAGE EMULATION here!) is the nero-
                  thing, but as you need Nero to create those images, you can simply install
                  the image-drive and everything works flawlessly, I can't see a problem
                  here.

But to add a constructive note to this thread:
                  Soon Daemon Tools support .pdi Image format and we ask about
                  permission for .gdi-Image format in the next few days
                  Hmm...ok...I see...so Image support wise they are equal (exception being .NRG). How about Number Of Device? Can we increase the number of emulated drives? I'd love to have more than 4

Comment

to make a long story short: no

for more info search "common Problems and Solutions" forum :=)

Comment

It's been a good while now and I was wondering myself too. Did you guys ever get permission from the developers of the .gdi format to support it through D-Tools?

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                      X