Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VirtualCD Hide not working now, can't unlock drive??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VirtualCD Hide not working now, can't unlock drive??

Hey guys, I've been using D-Tools for a while, not an advanced user mind you, but not new either. I've been using for the past month to play FEAR from an ISO using the Securom emulation, then using virtualCDhide to hide it. It's worked great, no sweat.

About two days ago I got a wild hair to check for XP updates, not sure why, but you know "always good to be up-to-date". Now when I try to use virtualCDhide I'm not able to hide the drive and I get an error message saying can't unlock drive. I've tried fiddling around with some settings and killing any processes that might be keeping it locked, but no luck. I've disabled and re-enabled the number of devices in the D-Tools menu many times to see if something got locked.

This goes beyond my experience so I was wondering if someone could help me troubleshoot this? Thx a ton!

Jonathan

Anti-Blaxx / SR7Stop 1.2 beta

Not many people are using virtualCDhide anymore (though I've always liked the user interface to that program). I have a feeling you've upgraded from DAEMON Tools 3.47 to DAEMON Tools 4.

If so people have mentioned sr7stop 1.2 beta (from the company that makes Anti-Blaxx).
    the modern world:
    net helpmsg 4006

Comment

hey i have FEAR but i cannot hide the daemon thing....please help

Comment

Originally Posted by uselessoak
        hey i have FEAR but i cannot hide the daemon thing....please help
        You've to use SR7Stop 1.2 for hiding DT or SFNightmare.
        See this thread for help:
        Heaven Can Wait -- My Band-Page

Comment

thanks i will try

Comment

Working...
          X