Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Corrupted Installer - Now I can't install at all!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corrupted Installer - Now I can't install at all!

Hi,

I downloaded your software and ran the installer. I thought it was strange when I clicked Next once and then it said it had been installed, so I restarted my computer and downloaded it again. When I run this better one though, I get:
    You must reboot after your previous operation
    I have been through the registry time and again, and still can't find the correct entry (I used the tutorial in the FAQ board). Any suggestions?

Cheers,

Joe

Re: You must reboot after your previous operation

Originally Posted by mfhjoe
    I thought it was strange when I clicked Next once and then it said it had been installed, so I restarted my computer and downloaded it again
    Do you remember any crashes or a sudden power off when you were first installing DAEMON Tools?

Do you see a process named daemon.exe in your task manager? Try rebooting again (and don't launch the install program before or after rebooting). Is daemon.exe now in your task manager? After a cold reboot does launching the uninstall program from the DAEMON Tools start menu folder correctly uninstall DAEMON Tools (or are you faced with another error message)?

If you want to manually rename/delete the registry key that causes this message (registry editing is not recommended for most users. Make a backup before using the registry editor) its usually the first key under HKCU or HKCU\Software (I don't remember which branch its under) and begins with a bracket followed by some numbers and dashes (ex. "{431...........")
    Last edited by Underheaven; 05.12.2005, 04:29.
    the modern world:
    net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Thanks mate I'll have a look. Will let you know if it works .

Comment

Working...
      X