DT4 wont emulate StarForce

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DT4 wont emulate StarForce

I've got some backup's of "working" starforce games (tested on other pc's ) (splinter cell CT / Cross Racing Championship 2005)
    and i have no IDE optical devices connected on my computer, but when i run the games starforce tells me i have to insert the correct disc...
    what am i doing wrong?

CPU: AMD64 3000+
    RAM: 512 DDR400
    MOBO: MSI KN8 NForce 4 Ultra

make sure ur disable the Alcohol Virtual Drive
    Also you get a correct mds file
    Or get the correct CDKEY

Comment

wating for Daemon tools 5

DT 4 its a big diception.. it dont work good.. we have to unplog the cables to play some games.. and i cant to that in my labtop.. so DT teem work hard for next DT 5, i am waitng for it.. when will it cans out?.. tks

Comment

v5? When it's done ... in a couple of years ...
        meanwhile wait for future versions of v4 ... or use your original.
        Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
        They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

nvm about unplugging cable i use Starforce Nightmare and it works fine

DEATH TO STARFORCE >: )

Comment

fyi: Starforce Nightmare doesn't work against Starforce 3.5 and 3.6.
            the modern world:
            net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Originally Posted by Underheaven
              fyi: Starforce Nightmare doesn't work against Starforce 3.5 and 3.6.
              as i test
              SF3.5/6 with DVD
              which connect to a IDE CDROM doesn't need to do anything on IDE

Comment

it does only work til SF 3.6.10.03. from SF 3.6.10.06 afaik u have to unplug ur IDEs to play the game otherwise it wont work.
                have fun!
                My sysProfile!

Comment

So your using 2k3 not 2k3 x64 right?

What OS and mounting utility were these working backups tested with? Were they using the same version of the game (fresh install or any patches?)

Comment

protected games with starforce doesn't work with daemon tools 4 if you have a HD ide...it works if you have HD SATA and you use sfnigthmare to disable channel 1 and 2, node etc.. and sfcure v1...have i say a stupid thing?
                    excuse me for my english... hi!

Comment

maybe you had a bad experience with sfnightmare but if you unplug your CD Readers and burners starforce should work just fine (i think all versions of starforce work with DT 4). If you do the hard work to unplug things, your hard disk type doesn't matter

Comment

So what about just disabling the IDE controllers in the BIOS? Will that force Starforce to work? I cannot get my backup of Prince of Persia The Two Thrones to run whatsoever.

Comment

disabling the IDE channel in the bios would only work with nforce mainboards afaik...
                          My sysProfile!

Comment

Interesting. I have an nForce 4 Ultra mobo and it still won't run. Ah, well. I shall try the laborious unplugging tonight and see what happens. I might invest in a Plextor USB writer for my Christmas pressie and be done with IDE.

Comment

Working...
                            X