Daemons planned virtual Ide drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daemons planned virtual Ide drive

I know I have not registered this great program as I do not have a credit/debit card or a bank account, not to mention the share-it form worries me, It would'nt worry me as much If it was called daemon-tools registration form (I am highly worried of identity theft, and the such, but enough of that <B>I'm hearing that the daemon tools pro version will contain a virtual Ide drive, my question is how hard will it be, and how long will it take before starforce, safedisc and securom will start blacklisting virtual Ide drives, I'm not entirely sure if I want to register unless it won't be for a good while before virtual Ide drives will start being blacklisted </B>, don't get me wrong, I really do want to register at some point and time as I want to support daemon tools and the devs, I feel so cheap by using the free version and would feel better paying for the customer version. Is there going to be an option possibly in the future that we will be able to send like a money order or something similar for those that don't have credit/debit cards, I can't get my mom to use hers because she like I is afraid of identity theft, we as a precaution try not to make online purcheses unless there's an option for a money order, and the stuff we have is purchased from a retailer. I just want to feel that I am contributing to something. Thanks

[Edit] I know Daemon Devs go through alot of hard work to provide us with this excellent software, I always like to pay for the stuff I get, free stuff is nice, sometimes I don't mind, but mostly it bugs me, because I don't feel I have worked for it, and people that give me stuff, makes me feel really bad, and I feel I have to pay for it even though I know some people let you off, It's like when I was 14 or 15, walked into a farm store to buy seeds for my garden, and didn't have enough change and the owner said it was "on the house" and let me have them for free even though I wanted to pay for them. I just don't fathom the thought of taking from society without contributing something back. Even free software such as daemon-tools makes me feel this way.
    Last edited by Xtreme2damax; 04.12.2005, 22:16. Reason: title change
    Xtemulation - Emulation News and Downloads
    Xtemulation Forums - Emulation Support

IDE devices will never be blacklisted since they represent the majority of optical devices.
    And even SCSI devices aren't completely blacklisted, only if you have an optical SCSI and IDE device, the game requires that you insert the media into IDE.

But of course there will be blacklists of other kind, but no one can tell when, since at the moment I'm not aware of a single emulator that uses IDE.

Under payment options there is wire transfer (bank transfer). Thats as good as it gets. Try visiting "Register Daemon Tools" and click on the link.

PS: I don't quite get that you don't have a bank account. Unless you are say 13 or less, ok, but if you are more then you must have some kind of income and that goes through a bank account. But wire transfer doesn't require that you have a bank account, but you do have to go to the bank and normally show your ID. Trust me, they won't shoot for registrating Daemon Tools.
    Last edited by Vampirtc; 05.12.2005, 00:57.

Comment

Thanks

Yes I am over 13, I'm 22 years old, the reason I don't have a bank account right now is because I don't have a job, I was going to college, but withdrew from my classes for this semester, my previous bank account I had I closed down because I had a check card and went over the limit had to pay back about a $130 to the bank for overdraw fees, I'm going to check out the registration form and check with my bank to see how I can do a wire transfer as I really want to register although I don't use daemon tools in a commercial enviroment, The announcement of an implimentation of virtual Ide drives in the pro version has me anxious to register daemon tools, Thank you vampirtc for replying, very much appreciated.
      Xtemulation - Emulation News and Downloads
      Xtemulation Forums - Emulation Support

Comment

Working...
      X