Kernel Debugger?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kernel Debugger?

When I try to install Daemon a message appears and says, " Initialization Error, This program requires atleast Windows 2000 with SPTD 1.21 or higher. Kernel Debugger must be deactivated."
    HELP!!!!

It means sptd.sys was not installed correctly. Did you have BSOD/crash/reboot during installation?
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Hi!
      I have the same problem, yes, i had a reboot just when finished the installation

Comment

Any Starforce protected game installed? Check thread about BSOD in SCSIPORT.SYS in common problems and solutions forum then.
        Check if you've minidump (in Windows\Minidump folder) related to that crash, send newest file to support@daemon-tools.cc with reference to this thread. Do NOT send minidump if removal of Starforce drivers solves the issue.

Comment

After i remove the starforce drivers i have to reinstall DT4? how can i do that? just delete the program files/daemon tools directory and what else i have to do?
          in normal or in safe mode i have to do this?
          thanks for your reply

Comment

Re: uninstalling

The uninstall program is located in the DAEMON Tools installation folder. There should also be a link for uninstalling in your start menu.
            the modern world:
            net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Setup is unable to validate installation - i got this error message when i try to uninstall d-tools4

Comment

If you've problem to remove v4 via its un-installer, check thread about how to remove v4 in common problems and solutions forum.

Comment

i removed starforce drivers and i manually uninstalled DT4.i have to delete sptd.sys and sptd****.sys? uninstall it in the device manager or delete these files in safe mode?

Comment

You can delete them in any mode. Just reboot after this.

Comment

Thanks Everyone!!
                      DT4 works perfectly!

Comment

In my case, I have a Pentium II 300 MHZ with 128 MB Ram, 4, 16 and 20 GB HD's. I have installed Server 2003 R2 a few times for various reason (I don't know what I am doing) but Daemon acts consistently.

After a fresh OS install, and before I do anything, I install 4.03. At that point, I get a locked mouse. Not the BOSD but as close as you can get.

After a reboot, I get the same debugger error. For some reason, I would suppose, the SCSI driver is locking up the OS and after that, the missing driver is causing 4.03 not to load.

I tried this after all the Micro$oft updates of 2003 R2 with the same results, with 4.00 before 4.03, etc. Very consistent behaviour.

Comment

Working...
                        X