Usb Drives No Detected

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Usb Drives No Detected

I am running Windows XP Home.I recently installed Daemon Tools.( a very useful prog).
    Howver unfortunately Windows is now unable to detect all usb drives and devices that i have connect to my cpu.
    I am wondering whether this may have something to do with Daemon Tools and the vitual dvd drive letters etc?
    Maybe someone can help....

Many thanks in Advance..

Best GLEN

We are a gaming center and we have the same kind of problem, since version 4 no USB flash drives are detected properly, we see them in the disk manager but they have no drive letters and cannot be found elsewhere...

We also use Deepdreeze Enterprise 5.20 if that can help... The problems with USB start after we freeze our hard drives... The problem wasnt there with previous D-Tool versions...

Thanks in advance

Comment

My problem is almost the same. But, I can't connect my mini USB HDD 2.2Gb (Like a memorykey). When I plug it, the system detects something in USB, but do not assign a drive letter, so I cannot access the files.

This happen after I install DT 4

I already disabled all virtual drivers and uninstalled DT 4, and problem doenst disapear.

My others USB devices is working perfectly (joystick, mouse, webcam)

Anyone can help me?

AntiVirus: NOD32
      Other Softwares: Alcohol 120%, Roxio Easy Media Creator.

Comment

Does anyone use any nonstandard USB drivers?
        Or all are out-of-the-box Microsoft ones?
        Are there any messages in the system event log?

Comment

No Usb

I still haven't discovered what the problem is yet although i have no conflicts in Device Manager , even though i cannot see the drive at all not even in Disk Manager.

I may resort to a system restore if i don't get any good advice soon..

At least i am not the only one.

Peace G

Comment

Please check the properties of drive in device manager too.
            No problems there? Which drivers are listed?

Comment

My external usb drives or devices are not detcted or listed.

My usb drives are ide hdrives built into a standard ubs/firewire case.

I am running xp home. 3.5GHZ 1.5GIGRAM

Its all a mystery.

My usb devices disappeared after i mounted all 4 virtual drives.
              My drives were not on at the time.

I have now removed Dtools for the time being until i sort out this problem.

Thanks for any help.

Comment

have you just removed DT only or sptd too?

Comment

it seem to be an out of the box driver, but I also tried our motherboard drivers with no success...

It listed the drivers as "USBSTOR.SYS" as stated in previous replies, the device does show in the Local Disk Management section of windows, but with no Drive letters attached to it, if we assign a letter to it and then remove the device and put back the letter disapear again and the letter become unvailable like its been use but not for our USB device... I hope I make sense...

As soon as possible I'll post the event in the log... I aint at work atm...

Comment

Exactly same problem here

Comment

No problem here with DT4 and Win XP x64 Pro and my Apacer HT202 disk

Comment

Had the same problem - nu removable disk visible

Hello! I had the same problem as many of you have, when i pluged in my USB memory stick it didn't show up in explorer. I simply deleted a file in c:\windows\system 32, this file was called sptd.sys. It is placed there by Daemon 4.0 and even if you remove Daemon from your computer the file will stay there since the uninstall don't want to remove it, it might be used by other programs? So after a looong weekend i got my removable disc back again in explorer!!!!

Comment

Thanks naviking, i was looking so long for a solution for this problem, cause its rly annoying cause i had to switch windows everytime i wanted to use my psp or ipod but i deleted this file and now it works again. Can't tell you how happy i am, thanks for sharing man

Comment

try disabling all virtual drives wenevr needed. enable virtual drives wen needed only
                            best of luck

Comment

Originally Posted by naviking
                              Hello! I had the same problem as many of you have, when i pluged in my USB memory stick it didn't show up in explorer. I simply deleted a file in c:\windows\system 32, this file was called sptd.sys. It is placed there by Daemon 4.0 and even if you remove Daemon from your computer the file will stay there since the uninstall don't want to remove it, it might be used by other programs? So after a looong weekend i got my removable disc back again in explorer!!!!
                              Holy crap thank you so much for posting that information.

I actually found 3 files relating to the problem;

secdrv.sys
                              sptd.sys
                              sptd7021.sys

All were created on the same date. I deleted them, rebooted, and VOILA!

Comment

Working...
                              X