Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with alcohol image

I mad etha lacohol image of SB2(Star Wasr Battlefronts2) and
    ran it with deamon-tools. works very well. thanks.

But I incountered a new problem: The image is 823 MB(the actual game cd is 645). I need to store the image on a cd for safekeeping, but cant seem to compress it down to smaller than 777 MB(must be under 699). Can someone help me with maybe u can make a image less MB than it is?

Thanks

I think the size jump is normal. i have the nfs:mw cd1 image, when its mounted its 673 MB, but the file properties tell me the image is actually 773MB. You should have no probs burning the image. (Mount it and check how big it is first.)

Comment

or just burn the image onto a DVD.. simple, isn't it?

Comment

Originally Posted by Novecento
        or just burn the image onto a DVD.. simple, isn't it?
        Yes.... if he has a DVD burner.

Although in this day and age everyone should have a DVD burner (they are cheap enough) you never know.

Comment

Just cut the img MDF/MDS file with winrar and in the option menu select split to volume 700 mb. and burn the rar file in 2 cd. Its very simple.isn't it??
          Boycott Starforce

Comment

I think it's because of the RAW mode.
            Heaven Can Wait -- My Band-Page

Comment

Originally Posted by ISO
              Just cut the img MDF/MDS file with winrar and in the option menu select split to volume 700 mb. and burn the rar file in 2 cd. Its very simple.isn't it??
              no need for that, you should just check if it burns to a normal disk 700mb disk. im 99% sure it will work. I've burnt images to disk before, and it worked even if the file size is stated as too big.

Comment

Originally Posted by al1uk
                no need for that, you should just check if it burns to a normal disk 700mb disk. im 99% sure it will work. I've burnt images to disk before, and it worked even if the file size is stated as too big.
                Ya thats write but he is trying to write Star Wars Battlefront 2 and it is protected with securom 7. So if he burn those protected img into a normal disk then he definetly not able to play the game. :wink:
                Boycott Starforce

Comment

Does he even need to burn it? I keep the I keep the image in my docs, and use curerom 1.2 with DT4.

Comment

He means to burn it as a data disc with the image as a normal file, right?

Comment

Working...
                    X