MS Virtual PC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MS Virtual PC

Is it possible to use the deamon tools to mount a bootable ISO (from msdn) and then use that mounted image to install software ? Like an OS that boots from CD

Many thanks for the responses

No that ain't possible.

Comment

If as the title of this thread (MS Virtual PC) indicates, you have Virtual PC, then you can already load an .iso file in the virtual machine's CD/DVD drive to boot the VM. See the Virtual PC help file for details.

However, there is a maximum size limit of 2.2 gigabytes for the ISO file (I don't know why).

Comment

Right, that's impossible, because the DT driver will be loaded by loading windows and the drives are only shown if you're running windows.
        Heaven Can Wait -- My Band-Page

Comment

But you can mount any image on DT in your host OS then make virtual drive as default physical device inside guest OS.
          Both Virtual PC and VMWARE can boot and install from it perfectly.

Comment

Originally Posted by VeNoM386
            But you can mount any image on DT in your host OS then make virtual drive as default physical device inside guest OS.
            Both Virtual PC and VMWARE can boot and install from it perfectly.
            Yep, this is correct for VPC at least. I do it all the time using A120 or DT.

Comment

Actually VMware can "mount" an ISO image as drive directly.
              Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
              They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Originally Posted by Copytrooper
                Actually VMware can "mount" an ISO image as drive directly.
                So can VPC except their is a size restriction as pointed out above.

Comment

I believe, although I'm not certain that VMware (5.0 anyway) does not have a 2.2gb limit for ISOs. Recently reinstalled and no VMware yet so not certain. I think they're always seen as CDs though, not that this really matters...

Comment

Working...
                  X