X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too many devices, some not working

P1.5 768 MB
    WinXP Pro, SP2 with all MS updates

On one of my systems (all systems run WinXP Pro with all the updates) Daemon is nolonger working. I had 3.47 installed on it (also the same version installed on my other systems). Originally I had four devices installed (E, F, G, H) and it has been running OK for several months. I found it necessary to reduce the number of devices so I change it to two, the orginal four did NOT go away but added two (I & J). The E, F, G, H were nolonger usable. Yesterday I decided to fix it and uninstalled 3.47. I still see all six drives, the Daemon systray icon is nolonger available (it should not be at this point). I've tried to reinstall 3.47 but get "Device setup error: code 25041 (0x61D1), 80 (0x50). Contact your support personnel."

I found another posting that seemed similar to my issue and attempted to apply the solution posted but I had difficultly following the instructions (it suggested going into device manager and removing various devices) (I need the real detail version for dummies) and had a "little" success, e.g. I now only see five extra DVD devices in Windows Explorer.

I've rebooted several times, tried to reinstall several times, upon reboot I get "Product not installed!" error message and if I attempt to reinstall it results in same failure.

Suggestions with detail instructions would be appreciated.
    jgt

Follow the steps mentioned in thread about error 25002 to remove leftovers of previous installation(s) completely, reboot after the procedure.
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

After several attempts to uninstall per the instruction finally everything was cleaned out and it is now working as expected.

Thanks!
      jgt

Comment

Working...
      X