100% cpu usage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 100% cpu usage

Hi there, I have recently installed the DT4 and certainly raised an eyebrow if not 3 when I realised whenU and savenow were bundled with this latest version. Ive also heard people say, "well you are given the option not to install it" which is slightly true you can opt out of installing the searchbar or whatever it is but YOU HAVE TO install whenU at the end.

I have been wondering lately what has been lagging my computer in 3d games etc to the extent Ive had the side off cleaning fans blaming heat etc, but noticed before due to a random check of mine that my cpu was locked on 100%. I watched it for a couple of minutes and it did not ebate. In task manager it was save.exe

Excuse the french but this pisses me off ..........hard

I found a save folder in program files, as you usually do when youve been infected by something, and ran the uninstall for it and also unchecked some unamed item in msconfig startup. Please tell me this is all I have to do to remove this (excuse the french again) crap from my system.

Originally Posted by brad3485
    Hi there, I have recently installed the DT4 and certainly raised an eyebrow if not 3 when I realised whenU and savenow were bundled with this latest version. Ive also heard people say, "well you are given the option not to install it" which is slightly true you can opt out of installing the searchbar or whatever it is but YOU HAVE TO install whenU at the end.
    How did you do that? If you disable the installation of Daemon Tools search bar, no WhenU stuff should be installed.

Originally Posted by brad3485
    Please tell me this is all I have to do to remove this (excuse the french again) crap from my system.
    Do you have entries for Daemon Tools Search Bar and SaveNow in control panel -> software? If so run un-installation via those entries.
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Thanks for the reply, in control panel are u talking about add/remove programs list, no there are no whenu or searchbar entries in there. Ive reinstalled a couple of times lately the second time was yesterday morning (24 hrs ago) and have noticed that yes, at the beginning of installing dt4 you can check not to install the search bar, but if you check the instalation again, right at the end, the 'next' button which you need to complete installation is greyed out if you do not agree to install whenU. And save.exe was definately causing 100% cpu usage for minutes on end, I dont use IE6 I install opera or ff before i browse a single page.

Comment

How long does it take for posts to appear, its been over a day and posts in my other threads and this one arent showing up

Comment

That's not true. Where did you download the installation package?

All forums are moderated so it takes the time 'till some admin/mod is able to read and approve it.
          Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
          They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

how to remove:
            start->-run->msconfig->autostart->uncheck vvsn/wsn.
            Block WhenU via your firewall
            ctrl alt delete. processors, delete vvsn and wsn there.
            run Ad-Aware personal until all of those bugs are gone.

Comment

I don't understand

I don't understand why people are saying, even after they uncheck the checkbox, it still installs the adware?

When I uncheck the checkbox, Install daemon tools, and Scan with Adaware, Norton Antivirus, Microsoft Anti-Spyware, And Defender Pro Antispyware, There IS No Adware Present on my system, Not even When-U, or Save, and btw all My Anti-Spyware/Adeware/Virus Programs Definitions are up to date.

So this leave me thinking, are you people reading the eula, Or
              Reading it Correctly? Are you Not Unchecking the checkbox before installing daemon-tools.

If your not paying much attention to the stuff you install, and not read the eula, and Skipped over unchecking the checkbox, You Probably have alot more malware in your PC, than when-u or save now.

Make Sure you Uncheck the Searchbar before installing Daemon-tools, And It Will Not Install it, It only take's a second to do this btw.

:EDIT: As for your 100% cpu usage, I don't have any Idea why it's doing that, Sometime's it happen's, even with safe regular programs. Sometime's my dial-up internet service, or mozilla firefox will get stuck at 100% cpu usage, and these are perfectly safe programs, even after I shut down the program, it's still stuck at a 100%, I think it's more of a hardware/software issue, or a glitch, between Software, the Os, And hardware, I restarted my comp, and the 100% cpu usage stopped, but still occurs from time to time.

Other than that, I can't say much more, because I don't have any other idea what it could be, But as far as I know when-u and save now, are harmless, even though they are adware, and do not compromise privacy, by hijacking you internet connection, or collect personal data.

:EDIT: Once Again
              , I just realised, this thread is about three months old, the person has probably got the response he wanted, Darn me and my n00bish brain :lol:
              Last edited by Xtreme2damax; 26.03.2006, 05:55.
              Xtemulation - Emulation News and Downloads
              Xtemulation Forums - Emulation Support

Comment

Sorry, but you are wrong about it.
                Mejor morir de pie, que no vivir de rodillas.

Comment

Who is wrong about what?

Comment

About that installs the ad-ware without permission, he is mistaken
                    Mejor morir de pie, que no vivir de rodillas.

Comment

Working...
                    X