Device setup error while installing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Device setup error while installing

I've got a problem. I downloaded daemon tools v4.00 to try it out. It worked 1 day, then a day later, when windows started, a window came up from daemon tools that it made an exception, and it has to be closed. Couldn't do anything against it. Also starting manually didn't help.

So I tried to uninstall it: also exception, forced to close. So I checked the forum here on how to uninstall. Deleted the files, and that dll in system32. And rebooted...

I now tried to install d-tools 3.47, but while installing, it gave an error:
    'Device setup error: code 25057 (0x61E1), 2 (0x2). Contact your support personnel'.

I don't know what to do now.

BTW the link to d-tools 4.00 is not working anymore.

I have a similar problem, when I installed d-tools 4 I removed 3.47 with all of the drivers and it worked fine. After a few days, the daemon tools application stopped starting, as well as the uninstall feature (both cause unhandled exception errors when I try to start them). I removed the daemon tools files from program files, killed dtscsi.dll, sptd.dll, and their corresponding keys in the registry (in localmachine\software\system). When I remove all these things, the virtual drives seem to disappear from the My Computer window but when I reboot they come back. I tried reinstalling daemon tools 4 after removing the drivers, but the application says "No SCSI driver found", and after rebooting it comes back to the unhandled exceptions errors when I try to launch. I assume this has something to do with removing a "PNP BIOS extension"-like driver, but I can't find where this driver is. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Check thread about how to remove v4 in common problems and solutions forum to ensure correct removal of drivers - reboot after that.
      Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
      They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Working...
      X