• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best CD Writer To buy?

hey need a cd writer for xmas i want one wit

8 mb buffer

buffer under run prot.

and it has to write in that EFM encoding Parity bit Perfectly (deals with Safedisc 2)

and it has to be cheap and atleast 24x write
    and any suggestions will be greatly appreciated ....post the links where i can buy them too bc cd writers are diff everywhere direct link to cd writers are apprectiated

hi
    i have a liteon ltr24102b https://<a href="http://www.liteonit...w24102.htm</a>
    it has only 2mb buffer but i think its enough
    according to elby(creator of clonecd) https://<a href="http://www.elby.ch/...tml#liteon</a> it has efm
    i can commend this one to you
    i think the newer cd-writers from liteon have the same features but they are faster -> why not buy a liteon? ( they are cheap, too, i think)

Comment

LiteOn CD-Recorders are the best to copy SafeDisk 2.x

Before I bought my new LiteOn 32123S, I informed myself on the CloneCD HP which recorder is the best to handle SafeDisk 2.x.
      As no other manufactor of cd-recorders LiteOn got the best results in making a perfect 1:1 copy of a CD. But as more and more Games-CDs are protected with the new version of SecuROM and ProtectCD 5 the better software for making a 1:1 copy is Alcohol 120%, because it is able to scan the physical structure of the original-CD and emulate it in a virtual cd-drive.

Comment

thanks for the reply hey does all lite-on cd writers do efm Encoding....?
        yeah i have Clone CD, Fantom CD, and Alcohol 120% ....so that dont matter jus want the rite hard ware...
        so bjblaszkowicz should i jus buy the one u reccomended is it good for efm ?
        thx

Comment

hey found this one LTR-40125S pretty tyte man !
          40X/12X/48X CD-RW DRIVE

and only 56 bucks !

heres the place where they sell it :

Lite On 40X12X48 CDRW Model: LTR40125S-Full OEM
          Specifications:
          Recording 40X(6000KB/sec) Z-CLV (20X, 24X@8min, 32X@18min, 40X@53min)
          Re-writing 12X High-Speed (1800KB/sec) CLV
          Reading 48Xmax (7200KB/sec) CAV (20X~48X)
          Interface : ATAPI-E/IDE, support up to Ultra-DMA Mode2, 33.3MB/sec
          Buffer Memory Size: 2MB
          Access Time : 80ms (typical)
          SMART-BURN® technology Underun protection,
          MTBF : 70'000 Power On Hours with 25% Duty
          OEM (Full kit with accessories) Model#: LTR40125S -OEM Special Free FedEx Saver Shipping

-------------
          is this one do EFM Encoding and the best for copin ?
          looks good guys !
          tell me if this one is ok too?
          thx!
          ------------------

Comment

Originally Posted by n3wt
            thanks for the reply hey does all lite-on cd writers do efm Encoding....?
            yeah i have Clone CD, Fantom CD, and Alcohol 120% ....so that dont matter jus want the rite hard ware...
            so bjblaszkowicz should i jus buy the one u reccomended is it good for efm ?
            thx
            look at my second link to see if the recorder you 've picked out has efm
            the one i have has only 24x -> look for a faster one

Comment

I own a LTR-40125S, and it is a pretty kick ass burner!!! I would recommend you get this. It also has full buffer-underrun and correct efm encoding.

Comment

I own the Plextor 2410TA ... pretty nice thing ... just a bit more expensive than the liteon brother
                A mouse is a device used to point at the xterm you want to type in.

Comment

Iґve a LiteOn 24102B and a LiteOn 40125W ocґd to 48125W ... the LiteOn drives are good and cheap, but Plextor drives are very good ... unfortunately they lack the perfect EFM encoding (two CloneCD sheeps) ...
                  the best buy atm is the LiteOn 52246S - cheap, with 24x CD-RW writing ...
                  Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
                  They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Originally Posted by Andareed
                    I own a LTR-40125S, and it is a pretty kick ass burner!!! I would recommend you get this. It also has full buffer-underrun and correct efm encoding.
                    '

thats kool urs is the same one im buyin ...how much u pay for it ?

Comment

no clue, as I purchased my burner with my computer, and they only told me the price of everything together...

Comment

no clue, as I purchased my burner with my computer, and they only told me the price of everything together...
                        ok thanks !
                        so u can back up any sd 2 game to a cd perfectly?

Comment

Yeah, haven't had any problems.

Comment

thanks for the info guys al i have to do is get 30 more dollars
                            thx!

Comment

Yeah, haven't had any problems.

WEll guys i opened my mouth to the world of how cheap it is now its sold out at newegg.com so now on im not mentioning the sites...lol

well Andareed im goin to get the same LiteOn LTR40125S as u ....but does it support win xp ?

Comment

Working...
                              X