Bypass StarForce w/o unplug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bypass StarForce w/o unplug

st of you 've heard already about people who were able tot bypass StarForce with Starfuck. This is how it works for POP Two Thrones (POP3) and other games:

1. Mount the image in DT with all emulation options OFF and all other emulation software disabled as well.
    2. Install
    3. Launch the game and enter the cdkey, in the final screen you'll get an error that says "Insert the POP3 disc in another drive then press Retry".
    4. Launch Starfuck 0.83b, select "StarForce 3.4.49.X" and then "CDs Deaktivieren", your opticals will be hidden. Now click "Retry" in the Error window.

If everything is fine the game will start, if you get the error message again, try if it works by clicking "CDs Deaktivieren" and "Retry" again.

If not, Exit, Unmount in Daemon tools, click "CDs Aktivieren" and then "CD Deaktivieren" mount and launch again.

For me this works fine, however most people keep getting the "Put the disc in another drive" message.

That's why we could help each other out and analyze the problem to see WHY it doesn't work for anybody. To see which conditions must be met first to make this whole thing work.

If it's the hardwareconfig like some people said, i'm using an ASUS A8N-E Nforce 4 Ultra mobo with 1 optical drive on the 2nd channel, 1 hd on the 1st channel and 1 on SATA

This is simple!

Use the drive where you installed your GAME!

Comment

It seems that people with nforce 3/4 based motherboard don't have to unplug IDE drives. They just need to hide them with starforce nightmare or starfuck and starforce 3.5 and 3.6 work.

I'll give a try to your tip but I've got an I865pe based motherboard and I don't think this gonna work.

Comment

Originally Posted by Tekneo
        It seems that people with nforce 3/4 based motherboard don't have to unplug IDE drives. They just need to hide them with starforce nightmare or starfuck and starforce 3.5 and 3.6 work.
        We don't even need to hide them in any way, at least I dont have to.

Comment

nForce w/o unplug

It's so for me with a nForce 4 mobo, I described in another thread how POP T2T works for me. For the Matrix Path of Neo I applied partially a solution from another forum concerning F.E.A.R This could help somebody. Here goes the complete solution:
          Create kind of a guest account and log there. Go to HKLM/SYSTEM/MountedDevices. Right click - Permissions and DENY permission of READ to administrators. Now log to your normal account. Go to the game exe and Right click - Execute like "your Guest account name".
          I did same registry edit for Matrix, but directly from my normal account. No need to hide IDE channels.
          Good luck!

Comment

Sorry for the mistake !
            I've just built me a switch on the 12V of the power cable of my IDE drives. So I can plugin and plugout my drives without open my PC.

Comment

too bad, this doesn't work =\

Comment

EdwardNL, using a PCI controller card does.
                the modern world:
                net helpmsg 4006

Comment

help

Originally Posted by hattorihanzo
                  st of you 've heard already about people who were able tot bypass StarForce with Starfuck. This is how it works for POP Two Thrones (POP3) and other games:

1. Mount the image in DT with all emulation options OFF and all other emulation software disabled as well.
                  2. Install
                  3. Launch the game and enter the cdkey, in the final screen you'll get an error that says "Insert the POP3 disc in another drive then press Retry".
                  4. Launch Starfuck 0.83b, select "StarForce 3.4.49.X" and then "CDs Deaktivieren", your opticals will be hidden. Now click "Retry" in the Error window.

If everything is fine the game will start, if you get the error message again, try if it works by clicking "CDs Deaktivieren" and "Retry" again.

If not, Exit, Unmount in Daemon tools, click "CDs Aktivieren" and then "CD Deaktivieren" mount and launch again.

For me this works fine, however most people keep getting the "Put the disc in another drive" message.

That's why we could help each other out and analyze the problem to see WHY it doesn't work for anybody. To see which conditions must be met first to make this whole thing work.

If it's the hardwareconfig like some people said, i'm using an ASUS A8N-E Nforce 4 Ultra mobo with 1 optical drive on the 2nd channel, 1 hd on the 1st channel and 1 on SATA

The only way is that you say or...? ..I can just unplug IDE and power cables from Drivers!? cuz I have the same problem :"Insert the POP3 disc in another drive then press Retry".... greets

Comment

Download Link

Ok, hope this works, just one thing,
                    can i plz have a link to a starfuck download site.
                    project-starfuck.tk isnt working

thx

Comment

Here:

Comment

I've tried to do every method, using starfuck but it just doesn't work... i don't want to remove the cd/dvd roms phisically coz maybe i will dmg something

Somebody knows a good method or a crack for this one?

Comment

Don't talk about cracks here, they're illegal. You agreed to the site rules, violating them will result in a permanent ban.
                          "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

Leave those cables alone!

Starforce and Starfuck my arse!!!

I own several titles protected by Starforce and prefer not to have to insert my disks everytime I wish to play one of them. Games are expensive and as a collector I want mine to reamain in pristine condition. Why is everyone pulling their damn IDE cables though? There's a much easier way to resolve the issue which is plainly obvious and I'm amazed I can't find a reference to it anywhere else on the web despite hours of searching.

I just want to make sure it works on a couple of differently specced machines and I will post results here and every other relevant forum I've come across.

Comment

Well, if that is so, please go ahead and enlighten us. I'm really curious to learn what your plainly obvious method of playing StarForce protected games from images is.

You did read the rules, didn't you?
                              "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

Working...
                              X