Failed calling CreateFile; GetLastError = 32

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Failed calling CreateFile; GetLastError = 32

Okay i'm trying to download Daemon v4.0 because i gave up on 3.47 even though i tried changing the AlwaysOff file and everything.
    I got into the installing part of it and then a message popped up and said "Failed calling CreateFile; GetLastError = 32" and i do not know what to do.

I too am getting the same error message when trying to upgrade from 3.47 (which worked fine for me by the way... Just letting you know. Thanks!

Comment

Ensure v3.47 is completely removed. Check thread about error 25002 in common problems and solutions forum to remove leftovers completely, reboot after the procedure, then try again.
      Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
      They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

I am receiving the same error. Someone please help.

Comment

I've got the same forementioned problem. I've completed the procedure of the referenced thread to completely remove the previous version of d-tools. Still not able to install. Any suggestions? I'm reduced to using Virtual Clone Drive.

Comment

try this

I had this problem, and had to work it out for myself

This was due to a failed install followed by a broken uninstall. Couldn't reinstall, couldn't uninstall. Stuck.

Went into regedit and removed these registry keys before installing again:

HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Enum\Root\LEGACY_SPT D
            HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\sptd

For deleting the second key, you won't be able to delete the "Cfg" subkey due to permissions problems.

If that happens, delete %WINDIR%\system32\drivers\sptd.sys and reboot. From what I've subsequently read on other posts, this driver locks that key so even taking ownership of it won't let you see it. Don't skip the reboot - you need to ensure that file is cleared out of memory. Bit rootkit-y that trick if you ask me, but I guess it's a necessary evil given what it's trying to di :P

Then, after reboot, back into registry editor, grant everyone full access permissions to that key, and delete it.

Then, reboot again, just for fun. Install DT and reboot when it asks to install the SPTD layer. After that reboot, the install will continue and at this point DT is installed.

Job done. DT working.

Comment

Working...
            X