Several CD Images on a DVD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Several CD Images on a DVD

OK, maybe a silly question... but is it possible to burn several CD Images (iso, bin/cue, mds/mdf) as data onto a DVD and then mount them directly from the physical DVD drive to a virtual CD drive with DT? So I could save the HD space for the images, needn't deal with the problems of burning SD-protected images to a CD and play different games with only one disc .

Thx in advance .

Yes it is possbile to do this, you can do it with nero for an example.

Comment

If you want to burn some dvd images on a dvd which are biger that 2 GB you need to create a DVD UDF, DVD ISO only supports files until 2GB.
      Heaven Can Wait -- My Band-Page

Comment

Yep

I do this, it works really well, it seems to be at least as fast as, if not faster than the original CD.

Oh, make sure you unmount before removing/replacing the disc... Windows REALLY doesn't like seeing the wrong disc in there. (I got so many dialog boxes demanding I put the original in, that I had to power down - I couldn't get out of the loop)

Comment

Originally Posted by BoxOfSnoo
          Oh, make sure you unmount before removing/replacing the disc... Windows REALLY doesn't like seeing the wrong disc in there. (I got so many dialog boxes demanding I put the original in, that I had to power down - I couldn't get out of the loop)
          You can kill the process with the Taskmanager (Ctrl+Alt+Del) then it will stop looping!

Comment

No acually it not stop the looping. Windows still looking for the CD. To stop looping just put the cd into same drive and hit continue.
            Boycott Starforce

Comment

Originally Posted by ISO
              No acually it not stop the looping. Windows still looking for the CD. To stop looping just put the cd into same drive and hit continue.
              Even if you end the explorer.exe process?

Comment

Well, but ending the explorer.exe isn't very far from hitting the power switch in the end .

Thanks for your advice btw.

Comment

You can start the explorer.exe again by typing <explorer> into the New Task option of the Taskmanager.

Comment

Originally Posted by AnalCobra
                    You can start the explorer.exe again by typing <explorer> into the New Task option of the Taskmanager.
                    When I do this after killing the main explorer.exe (the one which shows the task bar), I simply get an Explorer window looking at C:\ - no taskbar gets recreated.

Note: if explorer crashes a new instance starts right up and recreates the taskbar. If explorer is killed via Task manager, this does not occur.

If I need to kill the main explorer instance, I've found that the best way to do it is to attach a debugger then quit the debugger - that kills the process in a way that causes the new instance to start up no problem:

ntsd -p <program ID of explorer.exe>

Comment

Working...
                    X