Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Securom 5 protection

Hey all,

So I've done a bunch of reading and it appears as if my perfect image of Warhammer - Dawn of War is not going to work with Daemon Tools (neither v3.47 nor v4.00). I saw a thread about v3.47 where you edit the registry, but that caused more problems than anything else - I made all the changes and installed Blindwrite Autoplay, but the problem remained. With v4.00 I have the same problem as with v3.47 - I am asked to place the original disc into the tray, rather than a back-up (even though I turned on all the emulation options in daemon tools).

So is there nothing I can do to circumvent this detection? I tried Anti-Blaxx, and it detected the protection as Securom 5, but it wasn't able to keep the error away. Is there absolutely no way of emulating these kind of games at the moment?

Thx

Did you try DTv4 + SR7Stop 1.2?
    cdmediaworld.com/hardware/cdrom/cd_utils_8.shtml
    Heaven Can Wait -- My Band-Page

Comment

I have not, but I will try it now.

Comment

That's a negatory :P (i.e. I still get the error).

Comment

SecuROM v5+

Yes the problem occur is the same what the our friend did. According to NetSoerfer, he said....Well, no blacklist will recognize DTv4 anymore. And they probably won't for quite some time because DTv4 includes some really hard to break anti-blacklist measures. But the developers of StarForce (and subsequently SecuROM and SafeDisc) decided to blacklist all SCSI drives, at least if any optical IDE drives (that is CD & DVD drives) are found in the system.

DTv4, like every other existing virtual drive, is SCSI-based. And as most people have optical IDE drives in their computers, Daemon Tools' virtual drives won't work anymore although they're not even recognized as such. By the way, those games won't run from SCSI CD-ROM drives either!

So we did exactly as we claimed, we fixed all blacklists, and we support all existing copy protections, but still it won't work because of that SCSI blacklist....

Even if you are using a perfect image, one that cannot be distinguished from an original CD when it's mounted, you will probably still get an error like "Please insert the correct CD-ROM" or "Please insert the CD-ROM into another drive" and "Conflict emulation with securom...".

In my opinion, I realise that no method will solve this matter at the moment, just pray someone will break the program.....just wait....
          Hack The Planet...Save The Planet...

Comment

Yea, that's what I feared - having to wait .

Comment

How did you create that image? i.e. what hardware, what software and what settings did you use?
              "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

Image Creation

Here is the stuff I've used to create Warhammer 40K : DoW;

1. The original disc (disc 1)
                2. New version of Alcohol 120%
                3. Liteon Cd-RW

Steps;
                - scanning the disc using A-Ray Scanner, result shown that the cd come with SecuROM...(unable to see the version 5.x or 7.x).
                - creating image using *SecuROM NEW* / *SecuROM 5.x* and for DPM selection - 1 to 4x (all tested).

Hope 'The_Owner' use the method as same as I did...:wink:
                Hack The Planet...Save The Planet...

Comment

Working...
                X