No announcement yet.

Serious Sam II latest patch found DT4!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serious Sam II latest patch found DT4!

Hi All,

After patched SSII it say:

---
    Emulator detected!
    Please deactivate virtual drive and emulation software.
    ---

I don't want the DISK4 occupy my DVD all the time, any good idea to bypass it to read the CD image?

Thanks!

Yep, same here.
    And it's not the general SCSI blacklist, because I tested this on a PC with no IDE optical drives.

Comment

Very interesting development with this patch.

Like you guys I also get the emulator detected message. Makes me wonder if they found out how to get around DT4's anti-blacklisting measures.

So far I haven't found a way to run the game short of using my retail CD's. Tried all the Registry hacks to no avail. Never needed to do anything except mount the image in DT4 and play. Oh... my optical drives are disconnected for SF btw.

Would anyone from the DT4 team like to comment on this?

Comment

You can get it to run using SR7.Stop 1.2
        Mount your image, run SR7.Stop, click 'Hide', quit SR7.Stop (very important, SecuROM detects it if it's still running), run the game.
        After playing, just run SR7.Stop again and click 'Restore'.

Comment

Antiblaxx

Seems like the newest Securerom v7 detects antiblaxx (even if not using). Uninstalling Antiblaxx worked for me.

Comment

Originally Posted by Reef
            You can get it to run using SR7.Stop 1.2
            Mount your image, run SR7.Stop, click 'Hide', quit SR7.Stop (very important, SecuROM detects it if it's still running), run the game.
            After playing, just run SR7.Stop again and click 'Restore'.
            Unfortunately that doesn't work on a 64 bit system. Thanks anyway.

This really pisses me off because instead of the developer spending time on fixing the 3000 bugs in this game, they spent their time making sure I had my damn disk in the drive.

Hey Croteam, my disk is in the drive but guess what? The mouse still is jumping on a dual core system so I can't play the game. Why don't you fix that losers.

FYI, this game worked "fine" with DT4x64 without emulation before the patch.

Comment

Does anyone know if there is anyone working on an anti blacklisting, emulator hiding etc. software for x64?

Comment

Loaded up SR7.Stop 1.2 in XP compatibiliy mode and it works fine on x64.

Comment

So sr7stop works fine or Serious Sam II works fine?
                  the modern world:
                  net helpmsg 4006

Comment

I'm curious as to why SS2 with the new patch is able to find 'emulator software' whereas all my other games do not.

I only have to mount my other games using dt4 and away I go. I do have my optical drives physically disconnected.

When I delete the SCSI Reg entry I can play SS2. There are only two entries in there that can be causing this.

One is my A120 scsi device which I renamed when I installed it. The other is the DT scsi device called dtscsi. I assume this name is universal for everyone.

Is dtscsi what is being detected by SS2? I thought dt4 was supposed to hide itself?

**** UPDATE

Renaming dtscsi in the SCSI Reg entry does indeed make SS2 run. I always thought that this would be keyed upon by protection software. Any thought to making it renamable like A120 does?
                    Last edited by streetwolf; 18.12.2005, 20:12.

Comment

Originally Posted by Underheaven
                      So sr7stop works fine or Serious Sam II works fine?
                      sr7stop works fine which allows me to launch SS2 which now works...albeit still buggy, but that is the program, not the protection. when not running in xp compatibility mode sr7stop just hangs when you click hide and must be ended by taskmangager. Once in compatibility mode, probably a more true 32bit environment, sr7stop immediately hides the dtscsi device allowing SS2 to run.

This patch is only two or three days old, which implies it probably has newer protection checks from securom built in. I would imagine as your other securom games are updated, the too will find DT.

Comment

The strange thing is that sr7stop does the same thing that someone says in a previous post, in fact it renames driver from dtscsi to dtscsiBak. It seems that this reg label is the same for all installations, apart from new randomly generated driver name of new dt4.

Comment

Originally Posted by dt1981
                          The strange thing is that sr7stop does the same thing that someone says in a previous post, in fact it renames driver from dtscsi to dtscsiBak. It seems that this reg label is the same for all installations, apart from new randomly generated driver name of new dt4.
                          I've tried to change the name to PLEXTOR (my DVD), but still fail to "cheat" the game.

Comment

one question....

yo if a program blacklists programs like daemon tools and you uninstall the blacklisted programs, if you reinstall them will they still be blacklisted?

Comment

johnsonlam, it's not the drive name that's blacklisted but the driver name which right now you cannot change. This will be fixed with the next DT update.
                              "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

Working...
                              X