Axis & Allies / Pro Evolution Soccer 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Axis & Allies / Pro Evolution Soccer 3

Can anyone help me out a little with this. All I would like to do is not have to put up with the noise of the cd for these games which are both DVD's. No problems making a cd game work, but these DVDs are proving a pain...
    Ive tried using Alcohol 120%, Blind write and Disc Juggler to make the image btw Im getting errors on the last two tracks now (A&A) on an ASUS DVD and a Samsung DVD drive. I suspected my DVD rom drive was causing errors so swapped it out for another and still the same errors. Yestarday I managed to get A&A to work without cd on another machine with a single DVD/CDR combo drive (by uninstalling and reinstalling demon). I made a laserlock image and a ccd image (by mistake, no errors though on a different drive). I foolishy deleted the ccd image and files (as I thought it wasnt needed) the game stopped working with no cd from that point. Iv tried making both images (mds and ccd) with alcohol which I am sure isnt necessary; my reason is to replicate the setup when it worked? Iv looked at other posts relating to these games and am still no further forward. Id really like work this one out, because as soon as I get any other new games they are likely to be on dvd with PITA (pain in the ass) protection. The screem! that I receive when I insert the image and try and run the game is as follows:

"Please insert the original disc instead of a backup. see securom.com/copy for more information"

http://www.securom.com/message.asp?msg=copy

Iv submitted a file to them at securom, but Axis & Allies is a laserlock game?

Axis & Allies (Working without DVD!)

Yes it now works and heres the solution:

Made the image with Alcohol 120% v1.9.5 as a securom 4.x/5.x

In alcohol run the image making wizard and change the data type to securom *new 4.x/5.x then just dump the image as an mds file. When completed, load the mds file in daemon tools as normal and play!!!

I think the axis & allies game in the daemon game database (laserlock) is a different game from microprose with same name. This axis & allies game is made by atari! This is why I was trying laserlock in Alcohol and presumably why it didnt work. The database can be found here:

Now I have conquered the Axis and the Allies, its time to hopefully do the same with Pro Evolution Soccer 3, another securom protected game ...

Comment

Btw

Forgot to mention, securom replied when I emailed them and with the analysis file I sent them (axis allies) they said make sure the rmps switch is disabled in daemon (already was) They also said to Launch Alcohol 120%, go to the Options Menu: --> Emulation and Disable the RMPS flag by 'unchecking' the RMPS box (it already was as well).

Comment

Pro Evolution Soccer 3 now works!

Using alcohol (lol) I managed to eliminate the need for the cd and the noise!

If your trying to get Pro Evo Soccer 3 to work, you MUST enable DPM data in the check box - and set to high BEFORE making the image and also remember to choose Securom *new (4.x 5.x) in the image making wizard screen.

These settings can also be found in the main options -general-datatype setting -disk type; if you cant see the datatype in the image making wizard screen.

The datatype disappered on my alcohol in the image making wizard screen after making the Axis & Allies image so this is why I changed it in the main options BEFORE making the image. After making the image of Pro Evolution Soccer, it is now BACK in the image making wizard screen.

I hope this will help others trying to get these games working

Comment

Glad to hear about

Glad to hear about your success.
          the modern world:
          net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Thanks..

It took a whole day to work it all out and probably only 30 mins to complete..

Comment

Helpp!!!!!

I've done everything you said and i'm still getting the "dont insert a backup" screen...I got a trial version of alchohol 120% and dumped the image exactly as you said...it did say I had some kind of DPM problem but then continued on as usual....so it ended up creating a 1kb mds file and the larger 831334kb mdf file....you never mentioned a mdf file...anyway i tried to use daemon and emulate it anyway...but no success....can you help me out somehow...

Comment

@kapitald

This thread is 6 months old, @VWdemon joined on the 17th Dec 2005 & posted all 5 of his posts in this thread over a 2 day period, he has not posted since then, the chances are that he only joined here to solve his problem. I would say it is highly unlikely that he will respond to your requests in this thread.

You would be far better off answering @Locutus's questions in your thread here http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/show...59865post59865

Comment

@kapitald:

your prob is that you use illegal version. And that was exactly
                  what I expected

Comment

Working...
                  X