can't transfer songs to ipod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can't transfer songs to ipod

I've read all posts connected to this subject of ipod/usb and doing what was told there helped me nothing. That's why you have one more post about this.

Here's the story:

The day after I installed DT I plugged in my ipod shuffle in a usb in ther back of the pc as usual. When I tried to transfer songs I got an error like"cannot read to or write from" or something. Thant's when I opened "my computer and saw that the ipod icon wasn't there even though the tray icon shwed that something was connected. I tried rebooting , installing and uninstalling itunes+updater of various versions and nothing solved my problem. I went to a friends house to check if the ipod was working and it worked perfectly there.
    So that's my problem. I can't copy any songs t omy ipod cause it's like the thing is not there. Wnhat can I do to get it fixed??
    I have an athlon 1.4 w/ 480 ram + win xp pro + SP2
    for burning I use either alcohol 120% or nero 7
    Thanks for your attention an looking forward to an answer,
    filthy

I found if you boot up your PC with the iPod attached it will be ok.

If you boot up and then connect the iPod it dont see it.

Weird huh.

Comment

Thanks bro but I have always had this problem of reebooting the comp with the ipod connected the boot doesn't start. I just get the "Asus" screen and the boot doesn't really start until I take the ipod off.
      I'll try some variations of that!!

Comment

filthy, don't double post. The forums are moderated.
        "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

It's been a month since my last post. CAn't anyone help, really?

Will rebooting do??

Comment

Apple support forums

You could try the Apple support forums. They might help you determine your problem isn't related to DAEMON Tools. You never know...
            the modern world:
            net helpmsg 4006

Comment

well, the problem is the new DTools, cuz i have a mp3 player and it always worked fine (i mean transfering songs from PC to mp3 player) but when i installed DT4.03 it stopped working. I attached the USB (with connected mp3 player) to PC and it detected a device, but didn't assign any letter to mp3 player.

I, then, unninstalled DT4.03 and removed the remains of DT from the system32/drivers dir, i can't remember the names, it was like 3 DLL files which belonged to DT.

Comment

Did you try manually assigning a drive letter in Disk Management?

Comment

Step 1: Connect your iPod and launch iTunes. In the iPod management screen, scroll down to Options and check "Enable disk use."
                  Step 2: Now your iPod will show up as a drive on your Desktop. But before you can access its files, download and install a program called Houdini.
                  Step 3: Open Houdini, click "Folders," and then "Reveal." Locate your iPod, and open "iPod_controls." Highlight "Music," and press Choose.
                  Step 4: Now in your iPod folder, open iPod_Controls > Music. Highlight all of the folders and drag them into the desired folder on your hard drive.

Comment

Working...
                  X