Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So how do you make an MDS file? (problem EE:AoC)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So how do you make an MDS file? (problem EE:AoC)

Problem for Empire Earth: The Art of Conquest:

I tried getting your zip.

Tried following your text ("IMPORTANT!!!! - use the name 'Art of Conquest.mds" - which gives me a file called "art of conquest.mds.mds" - so i guess its without mds, eh?)

Then the readme says "After image is created please verify that the size of 'Art of Conquest.mdf' is 274,672,944 bytes" - well it isn't - so i guess its another version? (It is an english version)

And of course once you mount it under DT3.23 the game doesn't recognize it and still asks for the original disk.

So how do you make an MDS file? Assuming that is the problem(it doesn't seem as if the one from Alcohol works either - of course its much smaller than the one in your archive)

The name of MDS file that you get after dump should be 'Art of Conquest.mds'. The size of MDF may be different because you dumped without subchannel. Also i don't understand why Alcohol dump is smaller they should be approximately the same!

Comment

Hi,

please use Datatype "Securom NEW (V4.x)" in the Alcohol Image Creator, then Alcohol will use its DPM (Data Positioning Measurement) feature to create a MDS file with around 20KB in size (not 1KB which is filesize without DPM).

Sloopy_DE
      Attention! - Please ignore this signature.

Comment

Originally Posted by Sloopy_DE
        please use Datatype "Securom NEW (V4.x)" in the Alcohol Image Creator, then Alcohol will use its DPM (Data Positioning Measurement) feature to create a MDS file with around 20KB in size (not 1KB which is filesize without DPM).
        Actually its about 10KB (funny how all sizes are smaller, i wonder if there are more than one english version) - BUT it works with that datatype - thanks sloppy

Comment

Noob needs your help!!

hi, im rather new at the concept of creating these so called MDS files.
          the thing is that i have this game, Command and Conquer Yuri's revenge, and i want to play it again oh so badly {im in love with the command and conquer series}
          but theres a problem...i have it installed and all, but the Cd has gotten scratched >.<
          i can still play the game, but it keeps on freezing on me for brief moments of time....

how do i create an mds file so that i can play "mount it" on the Daemon Tools software,?????

PLEASE HELP!!!

Comment

Visit DAEMON Tools Professional Help: Program overview for how to create an image (mds).

But in your case, it seems some files got copied badly (due to scratch status) and that is mostly causing the freezes.

You should contact publisher regarding replacement discs.
            Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
            Peace Through Power

Comment

Working...
            X