Postal 2! No Go!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Postal 2! No Go!

I am having a hell of a time trying to run Postal 2 with Daemon Tools.

It appears that the new Securom/Postal 2 game might have a black listing for Daemon Tools, since the game simply won't run with the image either created by Blindwrite or CloneCD.

After image creation, I can install the game from the image but when I click on the game icon to run, nothing happens. The cursor changes to the busy mode for a few seconds, then nothing.

Would it be possible for you guys to have a look at Postal 2 and see if there is indeed a black listing issue?

I "think" it would be better to put the icon target to the virtual drive the image is on ... And btw, make your images with Alcohol 120%, the best image makin tool I've ever tried it can emulate protections while doing the image ! so you just have to select the good protection emulation and you'r done ! No need of the emulation options of D-Tools !

Have a nice day !

~ Lonfelk

Comment

it can emulate protections while doing the image ! so you just have to select the good protection emulation and you'r done ! No need of the emulation options of D-Tools !
      @lonfelk:
      emulation is a process that is executed when you PLAY your games/apps. Not in the image-creation. Alcohol is nevertheless capable to read nearly every protection correctly and create a working image.

And btw, emulation is done automatically by daemon tools :mrgreen:

@Ripperjack:
      Indeed, I recommend Alcohol 120% for Imagecreation, too.
      It is maybe of interest, where you obtained your original from. For different regions it's possible the publisher decided to use different protections.
      Do the following: Try to read the original with Alcohol120%, use the "SafeDisc 2"-Settings. If you get NO(!) read-errors at Sector ~800-~10000 while reading the discs, it is possible that your Original is protected with Securom *NEW* V4.8x. If you get readerrors in the above mentioned area, just wait until imagecreation is finished and mount it into DT-Virtual Drive, should work then.

In case you didn't see any readerrors, do the following:

Use the "Securom *NEW* V4.8x" - Profile to create your Image, because
      there are several hints that this game use Securom *NEW* V4.8x -protection for different regions than US and UK. Use the Search-button to find out more about Securom *NEW* V4.8x - Protection, it is very different from f.e. Safedisc-Protection.

After you created the Image, you only have to mount it in DT-Virtual Drive.

But if you just do all what I've adviced you to do, it's also possible that indeed Daemon Tools is blacklisted. We investigate it asap.

Comment

Originally Posted by LocutusofBorg
        It is maybe of interest, where you obtained your original from. For different regions it's possible the publisher decided to use different protections.
        Thanks for the advice, however just to answer your question...

I'm currently located within Australia but I bought my game from Canada, from dvdboxoffice.com to be precise. Since the first Postal game was banned in Australia, I figured the same would be the case for Postal 2. Thus I decided to import the game before any restrictions became public.

At the moment there has been no public announcement that the game has been banned in Australia. However it's only a matter of time. :roll:

Comment

yes, i do believe this game has the potential to get banned very easily. Why? Not because of anything else but the rag doll physics. The idea of hitting someone down a flight of steps with a shovel, somehow keeps the critics jumping.

Comment

Working...
          X