Daemon Tools 4 won't install: computer keeps rebooting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daemon Tools 4 won't install: computer keeps rebooting

When i install daemon tools 4, the installer says that i have to reboot and then continue the installation.
    When i do this, the computer reboots when normally the windows logo appears.
    Then the computer asks me what i will do, start in safe mode, start in safe mode with network, start windows normally, last Known Good Configuration.
    If i choose start windows normally the computer reboots again.
    If i choose last Known Good Configuration the computer boots, i log in to my windows account, then i see the installer but it does exactly the same as previously. It says again that it has to reboot and the whole story restarts.

Maybe it is beceause i previously had deamon tools 3.47 and i didn't uninstall it very well... It is completely uninstalled but the drive is still in the My Documents folder. If i remove the drive in the Device manager and I reboot, the drive is back!
    Who can help me?

*Sorry for my bad english.. 13 years old dutchman :P*

Check thread about error 25002 in common problems and solutions forum to remove leftovers of v3.47, reboot after the procedure.
    If you have problems to boot after installation of v4 check related thread in common problems and solutions forum.
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

the drive of the previous version of daemon is now gone, but i still have the same problem, it keeps rebooting.

Comment

Any Starforce protected game installed? Remove Starforce drivers then, and try again after reboot.
        If not check for minidump (in Windows\Minidump folder) related to that crash, send newest file to support@daemon-tools.cc with reference to this thread.
        Do NOT send minidump, if your problem is solved after removal of Starforce drivers!
        Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
        They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Working...
        X