Gothic 2 Gold blacklists DT?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gothic 2 Gold blacklists DT?

Does anyone else know this feeling, when you order a game you've been waiting for a long time, wait for it to arrive a little longer and it doesn't work?

My question is in the topic, does Gothic 2 Gold have SCSI blacklists, for ex. D-Tools? I install the game, then try to start it and nothing happens. Nothing, i don't even get error messages no matter which cd is in the drive, which makes me wonder if something prevents the game from starting. The process Gothic2.exe starts and quits itself within 2-3 seconds.

Gothic 2 Tech Support forum couldn't answer my question, as they lock every thread about D-Tools. Based on some threads there, i drew the conclusion DT4 is blacklisted by the game.

Anyone confirm this?

Did you play with your original cd?
    Gothic 2 Gold is protected by Securom 7!
    Download SR7Stop 1.2 (cdmediaworld.com/hardware/cdrom/cd_utils_8.shtml)
    Press Hide and start the game. After finishing playing press restore.
    You can create an image if you want, i think that it's on cd's, so create images of the cd's using the Securom 4.x/5.x profile of Alcohol 120%, choose a slow speed and high precision for the dpm reading. If it's on a DVD only enable the the Data Position Measurement (DPM) option with high precision and a slow read speed.
    Heaven Can Wait -- My Band-Page

Comment

Working...
    X