Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does physically unplugging the IDE drives really work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does physically unplugging the IDE drives really work?

Hi all

Does physically unplugging the IDE drives really work? Cause I got Chaos Theory to work with just DT4 and disabling my secondary channel in the Bios, but GT-Legends keeps telling me to insert the DVD in another drive and retry. I used the mds file from Copybase.ch which was the same size as my original mds. Btw this is my very fist post.

post moved

Screamer I moved your post here as you posted in a thread about GT Legends.
    the modern world:
    net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Hi all.

Does physically unplugging the IDE drives really work? Cause I got Chaos Theory to work with just DT4 and disabling my secondary channel in the Bios, but GT-Legends keeps telling me to insert the DVD in another drive and retry. I used the mds file from Copybase.ch which was the same size as my original mds. Btw this is my very fist post.

ps If this is a double post, sorry.

Comment

Originally Posted by Screamer
        Hi all.

ps If this is a double post, sorry.
        For SCCT it could work only with disabling, but higher SF versions than the version 3.4 can't get work only with disabling, you need to unplug physically.
        @n1kos
        You can enable dpm, in Blindwrite it's called topology, in Blindwrite maybe by using the automatic profile or download some profiles (http://rapidshare.de/files/9686816/BW5Profile.zip.html), or use the Blindwrite 5 tweaker.
        Just copy the ini files into the profiles folder of BW.

But the error message you get normally is displayed if your drives aren't correctly unplugged or only disabled. Make sue you've unplugged your drives correctly (shutdown your pc, plug out the two plugs of every ide-drive except the hdd's, start your pc).
        Then mount the image using DT 4 and start the game.

If you can't get it working then try it with Alcohol 120%.
        Just enable the Data Position Measurement option in the reading settings and cjoose high precision and a slow read speed.
        Last edited by AnalCobra; 23.12.2005, 13:51.
        Heaven Can Wait -- My Band-Page

Comment

Working...
        X