REALLY odd SW Battlefront II Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• REALLY odd SW Battlefront II Problem

OK after reading these posts a few questions.

One REALLY odd point is that for some reason, SFNightmare works fine for me running the image off DT4. I have 2 HDs - both on primary channel and a CDRW on secondary master and a DVDRW on secondary slave. I hit disable CD and it works like a charm *knock on wood*

I wonder why this works for me - very odd. The only thing that doesn't work is that when I hit enable CD, my DVDRW doesn't always come back in - sometimes I have to reboot and hit the "secondary master+slave off" button and then the corresponding on one, or do the enable CD again.

I guess I should count my lucky stars. :P

A question though... if I use the sfremoval tool, does it get rid of everything COMPLETELY? Or do I have to go through and find SF drivers myself and then get rid of them...? bah!

REALLY odd SW Battlefront II Problem

Okay... not sure what to make of this one.

Had SW BFII running off first Alcohol 120/Virtual CD Hide, then DT4, no problem.

Installed POP3. Still no problem. I use SFNightmare which seems to work for me by just hitting Disable CD - I have 2 optical drives (E:\ is CDRW, secondary master and F:\ is DVDRW, secondary slave - I think, either way they're both on secondary channel).

Funny thing is, when I hit Enable CD usually only the E comes back in. I have to reboot and do a combination of Enable CD/'Secondary Master/Slave On'/etc before the F drive comes back in.

And now, when I have all 4 drives (two optical, two virtual - G and H) as normal, SW BF II won't start - asks me to insert the original disk into drive F. HOWEVER - it works when there's no drive F! IE when SFNightmare hasn't brought the second drive back in.

I've tried installing/reinstalling. Don't know what to make of it. Gonna try installing with all 4 drives present tomorrow on a fresh reboot and then see what happens, but still. Horribly odd - any thoughts? suggestions?

Of course this is all due to dratted SF, you know... :P

Thanks in advance :

Comment

moved post

kabutar I moved your last post here because your issue does not seem to be restricted only to Prince of Persia T2T.
      the modern world:
      net helpmsg 4006

Comment

I was just going to ask about that, hehe. Um, I think it was a slight misunderstanding? the post you moved was meant to be entirely separate from the BFII related issue - I actually realized the BFII thing after I posted that, those were just some SF related questions that popped up after reading the rest of the thread (and tryin to figure out how it worked for me for some reason)

sorry to cause you extra work :$

Comment

Working...
        X