Can't use Daemon-Tools 4.00 !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't use Daemon-Tools 4.00 !

My problem is the following: I wanted to use DT 4.00 like i did the day before, but there was the massage, i the program has found a problem and needs to be shut down. i looked what could be the problem for that and i found :
    AppName: daemon.exe AppVer: 4.0.0.0 ModName: ntdll.dll
    ModVer: 5.1.2600.0 Offset: 00032413

When i want to install Daemon-Tools 3.74 this happens @ the end :

"Device setup error: code 25057 (0x61E1), 2 (0x2). Contact your support personnel."

Can someone help me with that ?

PS: I already tried to reinstall it and i tried to install DT 3.74, but no chance. I also wanted to replace the ntdll.dll (can be found here :C:\WINDOWS\system32)
    I hope you won't laugh to much about my english ! I'm german :wink:
    Last edited by Alaris; 23.12.2005, 17:25.

I also have this same problem. Tried rebooting, does not fix the problem, and when comp starts up (daemon tools set to start on bootup) i get a generic windows message about encountering an error each time. Also cannot revert to old version due to the same 25057 error as above poster. Also cannot UNinstall daemon tools 4 using the daemon400 installer, i also end up with a generic windows error message and that the program needs to close.

Another thing to make clear, when installing version 4 with daemon400 installer it does seem to get all the way through and then when i try to run it right after installation finishes, i get an error that the program needs to close.

Comment

You've to remove sptd.sys first to install v3.47 - check related thread and thread about how to remove v4 in common problems and solutions forum, reboot after the procedure.
      Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
      They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

This seems to be the same problem I described in my own thread, "HELP:A very strange problem". Never the less, I tried youre hocus pocus tricks and they didnt seem to work. After I uninstall and remove the "dtscsi.sys" file and restart, and reinstall, daemon displays an error message about SCSI. So, I go to the device manager and install a newer driver to "SCSI/RAID Host Controller" through windows update. Now when I try to launch Daemon, I get the original error message.

Comment

Working...
        X