Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Safedisc4 Hider- Affect Comp Performance?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Safedisc4 Hider- Affect Comp Performance?

Hi, I'm new to this forum, and sorta new to this safedisc hider thing. I know what it does, and I can play NFS MW with it. The thing is, it changes the registry and etc, so will that affect the performance of my computer. I got safedisc yesterday and when i played nfs, it was smooth and faster, but today when i started up safedisc and played nfs it seemed a little bit laggier and a bit choppier. I'm not sure why.

Help is appreciated.

Merry Xmas.

safedisk hider doesn't make any crucial changes to the system, just backs up and deletes entries for scsi drives, and restores them when you click restore.
    the gameplay difference could be due to a lot of things, e.g. memory hogs in the background. more info for sdhider here:

even if you forget to restore the reg entries, windows remakes them on startup (i read this on another site but forgot which 1)

happy xmas

Comment

Need help please..

HI Guys.. I used SD4 Hidder and SD4 Blocker for NFS MW
      And now that i finished the game and deleted everything (encluding blocker and hidder) My Cd-RW its not visible anymore...i cant fix it...Anybody can help me please???

Comment

check if you have a .reg file in \windows\system32 called "sdbackup". if you used sdhider 1.1, this is the extra backup made in case you screw up your system. add it to the registry.

Comment

Thx for responding

Selam Aleikum Alaur

I have sd hidder 1.0 and not 1.1 and i checked for the sdbackup on system 32 but it was not there...is there anything else i could do (besides installing xp again)

Tahir

Comment

u could try to restore ur win with an earlier restoring point.
            i kinda hate this f*cking win restoring sh1t but sometimes it might help... for me it didnt never ever work. good luck!
            My sysProfile!

Comment

any other possibilities???

I tried restoring the pc before i installed sd 4 hidder and blocker..but it didnt help..any other ideas guys???

Comment

When i use sd4hide my drives are always visible in windows explorer. The only time i had a similar problem was when i had a starforce game installed. So you might want to visit the SF developer site and get the tool that removes the SF drivers!

Comment

SD Hider doesn't remove the drives from My Computer, it deletes some .reg keys releated to them. SD Hider works with Starforce drivers installed.
                  I play POP:T2t and my 'lil bro plays NFSMW. He has no probs playing his game.
                  Try using curerom, it does everything automatically: hides drives, launches game, restores drives when the game ends, etc.

Comment

Is your drive visible in bios?

Comment

Working...
                    X