No announcement yet.

Found an Easy way to defeat starforce.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Found an Easy way to defeat starforce.

OK guys i've tested this on my own system and it work. I have an intel chipset so its not the nforce 4 luck.
    Sorry aloso for my bad english...

Ok its verry simple. when you want to play a starforce game (work also with newer starforce like Prince of persia ttt) you have to half unplug the IDE (not power) from your drive. And half unplug it not from the power side but the other.
    after that you mught notice some hick up with the system its normal. SO righ after you do this start (for example) prince of persia and when the cd check is complete replug all your ide normally.

The hickup should stop and you can play.

Tell me if any of you have success. And also DO IT AT YOUR OWN RISK. Because your doing this while the computer is ON and it can be risky if you dont know what your doing.

I strongly recommend against this. (Un)plugging devices from your computer while it's running can permanently damage your hardware. Even if it doesn't happen the first time, it still happen.

You're lucky you haven't broken your computer yet. Again, don't fiddle with your computer without unplugging power!
    "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

Hi there.
      AS I said this is for experienced user and there is some risk. But if this is well done, there wont be any problem. Ive done this since starforce was there.

For your information it is far more dangerous to remove the power cord when the computer is running than the ide cable.

Also forgot to mention that an anti-static bracelet would be more secure to do this operation.

But i must admit I still recommend using an add on ide/scsi controler to bypass this protection but maybe one day starforce will detect it and we would have no choice to use this.

Im currently building a swith to do this manipulation without opening the case. SO this would be absolutly secure and i just have to connected the swith to the adequate pin number.

Well if you foud my way of doing thing to absurb or dangerous well just ignore what im saying. Thanks to those who are interested.
      If some people try this write here if it was success or not for you.

Comment

I didn't criticize what you're doing, I was just warning everyone not to try this if they don't know exactly what they're doing. There are too many people out there who can't really estimate the risks and break their computer.

No offense intended.
        "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

Matrix, your english is so lovely to read but no1's blaming ya

Comment

Originally Posted by Frager

Ok its verry simple. when you want to play a starforce game (work also with newer starforce like Prince of persia ttt) you have to half unplug the IDE (not power) from your drive.

The hickup should stop and you can play.
            Anyone new to computers do not even think of doing this.
            This would be the most fucking idiotic thing you could do while your system is going.

Comment

The fact that any PC user, experienced or not, would run the risk of damaging their hardware like this just to bypass a copy protection scheme blows my mind.

Comment

this remind me of my friend from college...

he had removed his graphic card wile the pc was on....
                the pc never started again lol
                BadIronTree The Frag Master
                http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/541/makedoniank1.gif

Comment

Probably does work because you are in effect disabling the IDE drives during the copy protection checks, but why would you want to plug it back in with the PC running with great risk to your system?

You have to take the cover off the PC to do this so why not just remove the cable then start the PC to play your starforce game, turn off & re-attach after playing the game? there is virtually no risk doing it this way.

For the sake of a couple of minutes is it worth the risk of toasting your PC

Comment

Originally Posted by Frager
                    Hi there.
                    AS I said this is for experienced user and there is some risk.
                    No its not for an experienced user frager as an experienced user would'nt do this.
                    I warned people new to computers not to do this as these people come to the forum and see your post and think maybe frager is onto something here, i will dot this frager guide down for future reference.... not knowing the risk.

An easy guide by frager on how to frag your system

Comment

Originally Posted by BadIronTree
                      this remind me of my friend from college...

he had removed his graphic card wile the pc was on....
                      the pc never started again lol
                      Quite funny ^^
                      You weak pathetic fool, it's all to easy
                      sysProfile (Click me)

Comment

To be honest, risking your computer and your health to defeat copy protection is seriously lame.

The anti-static bracelet will offer next to no protection while the power is on because the problem is no longer with static electricity - it's with crossing connections and getting your fingers stuck in spinning fans.

Just don't! - there are enough software utilities around and in most cases removing your cd-rom drives while the power is off is more than enough - and much safer for your health and for the computer.

Sorry if this post seems like a flame - but there are kids out there who will be trying this stuff. It's not worth the risk to ever stick your fingers inside any working electronic appliance.

Comment

I can remove my drive easily. I also can remove it when mypc is running, because i've a notebook. But for my friend with a pc it works also fine unplugging the drive while his pc is running. But i don't recommend to unplug them while the pc is running.
                          Heaven Can Wait -- My Band-Page

Comment

by doing that procedure it sometimes hangs your computer so you will need to reboot it. it that can have a big effect on your hardware and its just a matter of time until you will know the effect of that procedure.

Comment

HI there every one.
                              Just to tell ya that i've made a switch to disable the right wire from my IDE cable so less risk to the system and no more case opening.

Still I do not recommend you to do this and sorry for my bad english it's not my first language as you may have see

Comment

Working...
                              X