Getting Dawn of War: Winter Assault to work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting Dawn of War: Winter Assault to work

Allright I tried to copy DoW Winter Assault and used Daemon Tools to help, but I keep getting the message when I try and start:

"Please insert the original disc instead of a backup. See www.securom.com/copy for more details."

Why is it doing that? I am kinda new at this, and I am not sure what to do. I do not have a working cd burner anymore, so is there a way to get it to work without a CD?

The game is installed, but it wont work. Please help me out here!

DoW: Winter Assault is protected with SecuROM 7, whereas original Dawn of War was SecuROM 5. SecuROM 7 blacklists SCSI devices (and d-tools virtual drives are SCSI devices) if there any IDE drives in the system.

You will have to disconnect or disable in BIOS any physical IDE CD-ROM drives to get it to work with d-tools.

Personally though, I recommend making a backup disc by following these instructions: http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=126424

Comment

Dawn of War works just fine for me.....

After having the same problesm with DOW and DOWWA i came upon this nifty little program....you can find it here at cdmediaworld.com http://cdmediaworld.com/hardware/cdr...utils_10.shtml

It's a utility that checks the protection of the game disk......it frontends other pgrograms but I used Alcohol 120......I put my game disk in.....set the drive up to my Lite-on cd-rw and it picked up the protection......it also gives you the option of starting alcohol and passing the paramters needed so the copy will work.......I made an image copy to my hard drive...mounted it with Daemon Tools 4.0 and the games came right up....no problems at all......

Let me know if this works for you.....It did for me and I tried to make a working copy of these disks for a long time with no luck until now.....

Good Luck

IcEpIcK_ThErApY

Comment

Working...
      X