Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old game: MotoGP 2 problem virtual image

Hi all,

I have problem making a working virtual image of this old game called motogp 2 from july 2003. I failed over and over again. I really want to have a game where u dont have to hear the annoying spinning sound of myCD/DVD-player. Thats why im posting what i did and i hope you can help me.

The actions i did were making an image of this in alcohol 120% (the newest trial version) in normalcd, general copy protected cd, VOB protect cd and VOB protectCD V5.0 . Then i mounted this in Daemon tools, but unfortunately this didnt work at all!

I search google what copy protection motoGP 2 has and there came out two possibilities: CD/DVD checks (england) and protectCD (germany) (its an english version cd). Assuming it was the second i imaged in alcohol with protectCD. But because that didnt work im begining to think it was CD/DVD checks. I have no idea what these are and how i can circumvent these, this isnt even listed in the copy protections of Daemon tools.

I followed the procedure on this site to check if this is a VOB protectCD copy protection so i used the Hexeditor of Aray Scanner but didnt found the word VOB anywhere in setup.exe on the CD. Also the Aray Scanner (dated 2004 i think) says there isnt any copy protection on the disc. So if anyone knows what i can do further, id appreciate it alot!

Working with a game from 2003 should be easy.

Try making the drive letter for the virtual drive the lowest CD drive letter and try uninstalling and then reinstalling the game from the virtual drive (don't forget to backup savegame files, etc if you need to keep anything).

Also when using Aray Scanner it helps to scan the installation folder on the hard disk.
    the modern world:
    net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Working...
    X