Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SATA Unplug Slow detection

Hey guys,

I'm really getting pissed at this new starforce protection included in POPTTT. The problem is as follows, ive done these steps: installed from my image, unplugged my sata dvd, changed the drive letter of my image, restarted, entered serial key.

And then it did something really strange, it goes up to about 25%, then it waits there for about 5 - 7 minutes, (ive got a fast pc so thats not the problem) , and then it sais again that my cd ive entered is wrong...

Anyone have an idea how to bypass this motherfucker?

Greetz,

Swatje

high enough quality

Maybe your DPM was not extracted at a high enough quality. What program did you use to create the image and what settings did you select (profile/datatype, read speed, DPM speed, etc)?
    the modern world:
    net helpmsg 4006

Comment

A friend i know made the dpm, and it works perfectly with him.

Comment

Hello,

I have the same problem with ufo:aftershock.
        The starforce progress bar stops at about 30%, then it waits for several minutes and says the serial key I entered is wrong for this product... Or something like that.

If you find something that helps, plz let me know.

PS: Is it important to change drive letter?

Comment

I think I can help, I had the same problem with UFO aftershock... you have to wait several minutes during starforce check and then it raises some kind of "wrong serial number" error.

I did so many manipulations that I cannot tell you which one actually made the difference.
          Here's all I did :

-I stopped sfcure (not sure it matters).
          -I turned off RMPS emulation in DT4 (I had all emu options disabled)
          -I re-mounted the image by using the MDF file instead of MDS

Launched the game, it passed checks succesully...

Comment

Sorry for my enthousiasm (

I got the game to work about 6 times, and then, the "wrong serial error" restarted occuring.

I re-installed the game on an another hard drive, (not the one that contains the iso file) and now it seems to work again...
            Try installing the game on an another drive, if you haven't tried it yet.

hope this helps...

Comment

Working...
            X