Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• v347 - WXP re-boot automatically, even in safe mode

Hello,
    by now I have been using DT 3.44, it have been working properly.
    Yesterday I installed DT v4.00. But I got some error (SPTD) and installation failed, so I uninstalled it manually - I deleted all files from folder D-Tools, remove System32\Drivers\dtscsi.sys file, cleaned register and reboot system.
    So I installed v3.47 and restart system. Then I logged in and just after it I got BSOD, since the time WXP restarts automatically again and again ...
    There's the same situation even in the safe mode, so I can't fix it in the safe mode.
    How can I fix it?
    Please, any idea?

Thanks.

Did you press ESC when prompted to abort loading of Daemon Tools bus driver (or sptd.sys if not removed)?
    Anyhow, boot with your Windows cd into recovery console, log on to your Windows installation (requires administrator password) and change dir (cd) to Windows\System32\Drivers directory - then delete/remove Daemon Tools driver files (check thread about error 25002 in common problems and solutions forum for v3.47 removal procedure and file names). Also ensure sptd.sys is removed.
    And check if you've minidump (in Windows\Minidump folder) related to such crash - if so send newest file to support@daemon-tools.cc with reference to this thread.
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

It's repaired, what's next

Thanks a lot for your advice.
      I've fixed it from recovery console.
      I've one more question.
      Now I haven't installed daemon tools.
      How can I install v dt347. I need this version, not older, 'cos I have a program that requieres dt347.
      But I afraid of that I'll receove "BSOD-reboot" error again.

I had a look at dump file, there are just string "...PAGEPAGEPAGEPAGE....." and some another unreadable characters, do You need it?

Thanks.

Comment

Yes, send the dump to mentioned mail address.
        Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
        They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Working...
        X