Reboots with dtv4 and raid 0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reboots with dtv4 and raid 0

ive noticed that many people have noticed the same problem, but have yet to find a solution. If you remove or disable the ide channel starforce games during the first 1/3 of checking the disk, and automatic reboot happens, w/o a bsod or anything even if you uncheck automatically restart. Does anyone know whow to fix this?

my config

6800 ultra sli
    nf4 sli

sorry

my specs

6800 sli
    dfi lanparty sli
    venice 3200 @ 2.7
    2 gig ocz platinum rev 2
    2 X hitachi T7K250 RAID 0
    audigy 2 z

Comment

dont mean to be a smartass.... but maybe you should stop disabling the ide channel just after starforce trys to access it.... just a thought.

Comment

The same problem. After some investigation I've reilized that it doesn't depend on is ide channels are hidden or just ide devices are absent at all. System reboots w/o BSOD on 1/3 of SF check in following cases:
        1. The only IDE device is TEAC DVD+-RW and ide channels are hidden with StarForce Nightmare
        2. There are no IDE devices at all (no hdds or something) and no hiding tools are used

My machine is:
        - Athlon 64
        - NForce 4
        - Stripped RAID
        - The only IDE is CD/DVD
        - Windows XP SP2 32-bit

Comment

ah, forgot... I've used DT4.0

Comment

I have solved this problem by moving image from local hdd to file server in home network. Works fine with DT4.

Comment

Working...
            X