• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Invalid device" error

Operating System: Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition SP1
    Burning Software: Nero 7
    Anti-virus Software: Symantec Antivirus 9.0.0338
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.41, 3.44, 3.47

First of all, I'm really sad that I'm experiencing this "Invalid device" error, since I've always used D-Tools on all my other pc's and laptop without any problems (mostly XP Pro SP2 and 2K Server in the past).

I've read from several admins and other users after my search quest here on these boards that it could be something to do with the scsi driver which couldn't be loaded at boot.

All of the above versions give me this problem though, except 3.33, which I suspect uses a different scsi driver (named: ST3WOLF SCSI Controller, version 3.33.0.0) and was from "Generic".

The other later versions used if I could recall D..something and was a driver from Microsoft itself, version 5.1..something.

There were no other driver problems or any faults in my event viewer during my tests. Disabling any "helping" tools from Nero or any other CD program didn't had any effect.

But the strange thing is, when I didn't use auto-start for D-Tools and started the program manually after the system had rebooted, I *still* got the "Invalid device" error, instead of some other users.

Which makes me wonder if it's a load the driver at boot problem or a driver mixup? Should the scsi driver be from Microsoft at all or should it been something from "Generic" or D-Tools themselves?

Oh well, I hope some fix would come up eventually. In the meanwhile, I'm "happy" with the older 3.33 version which I accidentally still had in my download archive folder .

Still happy holidays you guys, and be carefull with any firework .

This is a known issue with v3.4x version and Windows 2003.
    Please next Daemon Tools version (when released) - ensure v3.33 is completely removed then (un-install and reboot before installation of v4.0x).
    Do NOT try v4.0/4.01 though, it contains some bugs fixed with upcoming version.
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Working...
    X