starforce dvd question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• starforce dvd question

i was reading here and noticed the discussion about not being able to burn 1:1 dvds and i'm not sure the reason but i took the advice on getting the pci ide controller and plugged in my dvd burner on the ide card and i was running out of space on one of my harddrives so i burned the MDS/MDF dvd image of POPT2T and starforce read it and the DVD passed it's protection, but then as a test i plugged my ide drive back into the ide channel on the mobo, and now starforce says the disc isn't licensed, i'm just curious why burning a starforce image made with alcohol with RMPS on and nothing else seems to trick starforce when it's plugged in the ide controller
    we used to eat food but millionaire scientists got together & wanted us to eat a bunch of chemicals

double post

Please don't double post.
    the modern world:
    net helpmsg 4006

Comment

If there are any optical IDE drives plugged into your motherboard's IDE controller Starforce 3.4+ won't allow your game to run from any SCSI drive: real or virtual. See this post for detailed information.
      the modern world:
      net helpmsg 4006

Comment

did u read my question?

Originally Posted by Underheaven
        If there are any optical IDE drives plugged into your motherboard's IDE controller Starforce 3.4+ won't allow your game to run from any SCSI drive: real or virtual. See this post for detailed information.
        umm, bro, read the question. i know starforce doesn't run from an optical drive, hence the reason why i bought an ide controller. lol, look once again i burnt prince of persia the two thrones alcohol clone with Alcohol 120 with rmps on and it ran from the optical DVD drive as the real disc (or so starforce thought) only when the optical drive was plugged into the pci ide controller, i just wanted to know why starforce gets tricked, is it because the optical drive being plugged into the pci ide controller is a scsi drive?
        we used to eat food but millionaire scientists got together & wanted us to eat a bunch of chemicals

Comment

I think it's a mistake from starforce developer, In the next ver they will fixed it sure
          Boycott Starforce

Comment

It's no mistake. As rjcali thought, it's because on the controller card, the drives are seen as SCSI drives by Windows.

Comment

well i didnt think it was a mistake i believe that was ISO who said that, i just figured it tricked starforce, but i appreciate the response

Comment

I know, I was responding to ISO that - as you thought - it was because the drive is on the controller.

Comment

Originally Posted by Jito463
                  I know, I was responding to ISO that - as you thought - it was because the drive is on the controller.
                  i see, now that i look at it you did put a very noticable period after the word mistake. my apologizes friend

Comment

No worries, just a simple misunderstanding. I took no offense, hence the at the end.

Comment

Working...
                    X