Brothers in Arms Road to Hill 30 Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brothers in Arms Road to Hill 30 Problems

I just bought Brothers in Arms........When trying to install the game(which is DVD) it gives me an error message and wont even allow the setup to run. It says "program has failed to initialize." I made a copy on my hard drive via Blindwrite. I've been using daemon tools for quite a while now. I upgraded to version 4.0......disabled my ide drives(CD-RW and DVD-R)....the image mounts fine. I can see all the files. Setup goes into limbo no matter what I do. No error messages or anything. I have uninstalled all my burning software and daemon is the only thing I have installed. I even went and changed the virtual drive to drive D......I've enabled all the copy protection and still no dice. I am running XP Pro with service pack 1....This is the first time I've had a problem installing a game.......It might be my dvd drive since its a Dynex DX-DVDR100......but I should still be able to install the game once the image is created shouldn't I ????

Any help would be appreciated. I dont think I have a bad DVD since Blindwrite created the image.....

Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: freeze during game install

If you copy all the installation files into a folder on your hard drive and then launch the install program does your system still freeze?
    the modern world:
    net helpmsg 4006

Comment

The system doesnt freeze at all ...... the setup program just disapears.........no splash screen...no error message...no anything...i watched it through task manager........i get the hours glass....then nothing......

Comment

You may want to try using another program like alcohol 120%.....its worth a try.

If the dvd is corrupt or your drive is messed up....the image could very well be messed up as well.

So try other programs.

Then again it could just be your computer for some reason having compatibility issues with that specific game.

Comment

Originally Posted by pumpkinsoftruth
          Then again it could just be your computer for some reason having compatibility issues with that specific game.
          I agree, I would try using another computer to install the game to verify that you have a good install disc.
          the modern world:
          net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Working...
          X